Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 11-10-2015, 10:23 PM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Nesbit, Edith: My School Days (Memoir). v1. 11 Nov 2015

My School Days -- A Memoir by Edith Nesbit (1858–1924)

Contents first published 1896-97. The text of this book is in the public domain in countries where copyright is “Life+70” or less, and in the USA.

-----------
Edith Nesbit Bland, English author and poet, published approximately 40 books for children under the name of E. Nesbit. Her innovative body of work influenced many subsequent fantasy writers. She also wrote for adults, publishing about a dozen novels and countless short stories.

This brief memoir was originally serialized in a magazine for young adolescents, “The Girl’s Own Paper,” from October 1896 to September 1897, when Nesbit was 38 years old.

She narrates scenes and emotions from her childhood with clarity and candor, giving young readers a sense of fellowship, and adults an opportunity to understand the inner world of young children. Those who have read and enjoyed her children’s books will recognize the seeds of inspiration rooted in her own childhood experiences.

------------
Text transcription was obtained from ForgottenFutures.co.uk. No scan of original source publication is freely available. Punctuation and diacritics formatted; transcription errors corrected, some spelling and punctuation modernized and standardized. I added subtitles to chapter heads 6, 11, and 12 for layout consistency. Chapter heads are cross-linked to in-line Table of Contents. Embedded fonts for drop-caps and small-caps.

-----------
Interesting to see the childhood experiences that evolved into stories and novels later in her life. Hope you enjoy it.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coverThumb.jpg
Views:	949
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	143623  
Attached Files
File Type: azw3 My School Days-Edith Nesbit--KF8.azw3 (313.7 KB, 932 views)
File Type: mobi My School Days-Edith Nesbit--KF7.mobi (291.6 KB, 959 views)
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote