Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
ePub to mobi, CSS and %

When converting ePub to mobi, I notice if the CSS uses % for text-indent or margin-* the result is huge. E.g., 5% text-indent ends up being something like 40% on my kindle. I have to go through the CSS and change % values to some reasonable em values. Painful. Any way to fix this for the general case? Thanks
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
When converting ePub to mobi, I notice if the CSS uses % for text-indent or margin-* the result is huge. E.g., 5% text-indent ends up being something like 40% on my kindle. I have to go through the CSS and change % values to some reasonable em values. Painful. Any way to fix this for the general case? Thanks
Go to mobi output and check the Ignore margins option.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert