Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 08:49 PM   #16
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
In my experimenting, I was only looking to see if perchance the FW had a slideshow built in. Didn't think about giving feedback on how the pics looked. Perhaps they would load faster, tho, if they were scaled down from 2560 x 1920.

The jpegs I had on my camera SD card looked just fine in 8 grayscale, and would expect the 16 shade to look even better. I wouldn't have a problem loading a few pics on the PPro just to show off some stuff.

It'd be a wash between showing off pics of our new motorcycle camping trailer, for instance) on the teeny tiny phone screen in color, or on the much larger, but B&W ereader screen. Certainly wouldn't load up the vacation slideshow on the ereader, tho.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3659.JPG
Views:	388
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	57419  

Last edited by eGeezer; 08-30-2010 at 08:54 PM.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:02 PM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
In my experimenting, I was only looking to see if perchance the FW had a slideshow built in. Didn't think about giving feedback on how the pics looked. Perhaps they would load faster, tho, if they were scaled down from 2560 x 1920.

The jpegs I had on my camera SD card looked just fine in 8 grayscale, and would expect the 16 shade to look even better. I wouldn't have a problem loading a few pics on the PPro just to show off some stuff.

It'd be a wash between showing off pics of our new motorcycle camping trailer, for instance) on the teeny tiny phone screen in color, or on the much larger, but B&W ereader screen. Certainly wouldn't load up the vacation slideshow on the ereader, tho.
5 megapixels is pushing the limit for the Pocket Pro. I consider 4 Megapixels to be the upper limit and smaller is definitely better and faster. High Megapixels will eventually cause a lockup in the image viewer. The extra RAM in the EZReader Plus will help a bunch in this area, both in speed and capacity. Megapixel count is definitely more important than aspect ratio. I have used lots of wide images so long as the Megapixel count is low.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert