Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which categories would you like to see in our upcoming yearly cycle?
Biographies & Memoirs 10 58.82%
Contemporary 3 17.65%
Non-Fiction 10 58.82%
Obscure 5 29.41%
Plays 4 23.53%
Region 10 58.82%
Short 9 52.94%
Time Period 12 70.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #16
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Desertblues, I don't know if you will be amongst the members who will do a lottery month, but if, you can propose a whole bunch of contemporary books if you like. I am very curious how these months will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Obscure could be picked up at any time as could short and there is still the lottery selections by members who may choose, not that I'm hinting at that, that their theme of selections be contemporary, or obscure, or short or plays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
yes! The lottery months will make a lot of categories available.
didn't even think of this....sometimes I have such a naïve mind.....
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #17
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
As one who struggles with the obvious many times I can relate.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #18
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I have a general query please. Does the Literary Club have a rule that a nominated book must be available as an ebook? I think this is the case in the other Club, but wasn't sure about this one.

I'm asking because I have a very good writer in mind for a future nomination, but can't find her books as ebooks anywhere. It could just be that they aren't available in Australia, but that seems unlikely, and I assume it's her publisher's decision.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #19
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I have a general query please. Does the Literary Club have a rule that a nominated book must be available as an ebook? I think this is the case in the other Club, but wasn't sure about this one.
I'm asking because I have a very good writer in mind for a future nomination, but can't find her books as ebooks anywhere. It could just be that they aren't available in Australia, but that seems unlikely, and I assume it's her publisher's decision.
No, we do not have an ebook only rule. We have had a few months that the winning nomination was not available in ebook.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:02 AM   #20
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Thanks for that, Bookworm_Girl.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert