Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-26-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
LoiS-sez
LoiS-sez began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Calibre 1.12.0 shows library on device, but...

I notice some similar threads, especially with the Sony eReader. I have a PRS-300. Just downloaded the newest Calibre edition and now the new book I downloaded is all that shows on the Calibre library, but my entire collection shows when I click Device on Calibre. Even then the Calibre library still only shows the 1 book.
Is there a way to get it all on the Calibre library? If it was in those similar threads, I didn't catch how it fit this situation.
(I'd tag this also with something about Device, but I'm not sure which topic describes it.)
LoiS-sez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:46 AM   #2
LoiS-sez
LoiS-sez began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Got it! Highlight all the titles in the Device list and transfer them over. Just wish when upgrades are done this happened automagically as I seem to need to re-discover how to do it each time.
LoiS-sez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:55 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If your books went missing from calibre after you upgraded, something's wrong.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:17 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoiS-sez View Post
Got it! Highlight all the titles in the Device list and transfer them over. Just wish when upgrades are done this happened automagically as I seem to need to re-discover how to do it each time.
I'm afraid you are alone in this. In upgrading calibre over 200 times I've never ever experienced anything like what you describe. There is never a need to automagically do anything to restore books after an upgrade because books never disappear from the calibre library during an upgrade.

If this has happened to you more than once then the odds are you are doing something to cause this. Almost sounds as if you delete the books as you send them to the device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I am in the same camp as Dr. Ohh. What you experience is NOT NORMAL

I started using calibre shortly after I joined MR. I have done just about EVERY update on my XPpro system. I have never lost (track) of a Library in all those updates... Even the ones that failed (they were flawed and there have been a few of those. Just part of the effect of being an early updater ).

I/Me/Myself have done some things that damaged Libraries, but it never happened during an update.

The (Last used) Library location is stored in a (normally) hidden, PER-USER, settings folder on every OS. Even if you UNINSTALL Calibre, this folders contents remains.

Something else is in play here. A rogue system cleaner? Logon as a different user?

Please say you are NOT keeping the Library on a Network share/NAS. This is not supported because it is NOT dependable for the type of use that Calibre needs
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
I'm in the same camp as the others, each time you say? That ain't normal.

However, my first question would be what type of setup you are using for Calibre?
Windows? *n(i/u)x

Regular MSI installed version (32 or 64 bit)
Official Calibre Portable version
Calibre Portable in PortableApps format

the 'each time' almost makes me think you were using the portable version installed in PortableApps format and in the habit of uninstalling before upgrading...
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library maintenance, sony 300