Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #2941
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@PoP: Ooops, forgot about those. ^^
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #2942
anonimo200
Enthusiast
anonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DXG
Hello NiLuJe. Usbnetwork installs ok, it says rebooting and in the first screnn it froozed. I waited 5-10 minutes and tried to hard reset and then the screen went white. I fully charged the battery but it didn't changed anything so connected the kindle to the computer and it was recognized so tried SHIFT+SHIFT+N and connected it. Via ssh I typed "reboot" because I dind't know what to do and CHACHAN, it booted perfectly. Usbnetwork log says it is installed. My DX has 2.5.8 firmware and I've installed:
jailbreak 11.N, launchpad, usbnetwork, screensavers and myths. After this I've updated screensavers and everything went fine.
Thanks
anonimo200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #2943
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@anonimo200: Meaning it froze on the "boy under the tree" screen? What did the progress bar look like?
Old 01-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #2944
anonimo200
Enthusiast
anonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it is

Yes, in that screen, boy under the tree. The progress bar did't move, it was completely white, any change in 5-10 minutes. I tried hard reset and the screen blinked and then froze in white. The strange think is that keypad and usb worked (lucky me :-) )
Old 01-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #2945
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@anonimo200: Huh. Yet another random quirk of the Kindle framework...
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #2946
anonimo200
Enthusiast

Then I've to thank you for usbnetwork, it saved my Kindle. I think I'll think twice before updating again ... :-)
Old 01-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #2947
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@anonimo200: Pretty sure a proper hard reboot and/or hard reset would have taken care of it, but but a soft reboot over SSH is way cleaner .
Old 01-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #2948
anonimo200
Enthusiast

I'm not so sure, I tried pressing the power button more than 15 seconds several times and nothing happened. I thought I'd have to open it and unplug the battery or send it to Amazon (and pay for the rapair). I don't know any other way to reboot the kindle. Are there any other way to do so (I don't know how to do a hard reset or hard reboot)? Just in case I need it in the future (I hope I don't...)
Thank you again, NiLuJe
Old 01-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #2949
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@anonimo200: The Kindle needs to be unplugged. Hold the power button/slider for ~30s for a hard reboot. If you happen to be holding the home button down during the early boot, it will ask you to do a factory reset and enter the recovery mode. (At least for the devices running FW 2.x/3.x).
Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #2950
anonimo200
Enthusiast

I did so with the kindle plugged, my fault. Maybe (and only maybe) it would have worked. In any case I'm still not sure...
Thanks NiLuJe, and sorry but I can't give you karma, it says I have to give to somenone else before... :-(
Old 01-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #2951
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@anonimo200: Yep, keeping it unplugged is key, since the hard reboot actually cuts the power off for a short while.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:39 AM   #2952
Wolowizardry
Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Wolowizardry knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kinlde 4 (Grey)
I read since page 140 and theres nothing about K4 software 4.1 wallpapers, only about update error ans font hacks, i only want my own screensavers on my kindle can anyone help me? my kindle is kindle 4 no special offers software 4.1
Wolowizardry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #2953
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolowizardry View Post
I read since page 140 and theres nothing about K4 software 4.1 wallpapers, only about update error ans font hacks, i only want my own screensavers on my kindle can anyone help me? my kindle is kindle 4 no special offers software 4.1
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...3&d=1358632201

download. open.

read readme. note the k4 files at the bottom.

Top Posts are generally updated on this subforum. HTH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_151.png
Views:	234
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	99827  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #2954
Cypis.Piotr
Cypis.Piotr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3-wifi
Hi guys,
thanks for all the tools for Kindle you've created.

I have some questions about them:

- I installed jailbreak 0.11 and usbnetwork 0.47,
the problem is I don't know how to enable USBnet - I tried entering Diagnostics Mode (ENABLE_DIAGS file in root) - but there's no "U)Utilities" in "N)Misc individual diagnostics"
(I have Kindle 3, B008)
I know I can force it to boot as as Ethernet Over USB by renaming 'DISABLED_auto' file to 'auto', but i'd like to test SSH connection first.

// edit
ok, forget about it
;debugOn
~usbNetwork

worked fine.

- at the moment I have 3.3 firmware, should I update to 3.4? Will I need to jailbreak it again then?

Last edited by Cypis.Piotr; 01-21-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Cypis.Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #2955
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
The Jailbreak is one file. so meh. yeah why not.

~debugon on the 3 I think... not ;

try just ~un (cant recall when he added the shortcut)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet