kindlethefire
kindlethefire doesn't litterkindlethefire doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Paperwhite
Errors when connecting Kindle

Hi,
Whenever I connect my Kindle, I get two errors I cannot resolve:
1. as in screenshot-1
2. as in screenshot-2

1. 'Unknown' is not in my Kindle Documents folder, yet it appears in the Calibre database every time I connect even if I previously deleted it.

2. I can not, I'm afraid, even begin to understand that message
Could anybody help please?

Many thanks,
David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-1.png
Views:	225
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	98383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-2.png
Views:	219
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	98384  
kindlethefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Those errors are happening when you are adding books to calibre, not when you are connecting the Kindle. What add operation are you trying to do?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
kindlethefire

All I'm doing is plugging in the Kindle - Calibre autostarts and automatically checks for new books on the Kindle.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Figure out what on your system is autostarting calibre and disable it, since it is apparently passing the kindle's drive as an argument to calibre, causing it to try to add files from the drive.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Could you have possibly configured Calibre to use your Kindle as the Calibre Auto-Add folder?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #6
kindlethefire

Hi,
Thanks kovidgoyal and theducks,

I eventually found that kindle was configured in ubuntu as a USB device to open Calibre - how I ever did that defeats me. But now Calibre doesn't auto start and I don't get the errors - thanks!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlethefire View Post
Hi,
Thanks kovidgoyal and theducks,

I eventually found that kindle was configured in ubuntu as a USB device to open Calibre - how I ever did that defeats me. But now Calibre doesn't auto start and I don't get the errors - thanks!
If you ever do figure out how you managed to do that odd configuration, please do make a (new) post as a advisory/warning of what to avoid
Old 12-31-2012, 04:17 AM   #8
kindlethefire

In Ubuntu, Nautilus:
With Kindle connected:
Under Computer, select Kindle>Open With - Choose Calibre and tick Remember this application for drive documents

Hope this *warning* helps

Moderator Notice
This is an example: Do not try this at home

Last edited by theducks; 12-31-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Highlighted warning
Old 12-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I would have never thought that was possible (or tried that).

It is, if you are in the the the correct place with Nautilus (at least, in Oneiric) .

Tags
traceback, unknown book type