Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
The-eBook-Reader
Groupie
The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: All
Waterstone's eBook Reader Discount Code

Being in various affiliate programs, I sometimes get emails about special promotions (usually irrelevant ones), but this one may interest some of you in the UK.

Waterstone's is offering a £10 discount on ereaders with coupon code EA4628. The offer runs through February 7th.

More details are posted on my blog.

The discount brings the Elonex 511EB down to £119. Anyone have any experience with this device?

It sounds like it has a lot of features: keyboard, 4 GB micro-SD card included, ADE support, speakers, headphone jack, microphone.

I guess there's a touchscreen model too, 511TEB, but I haven't been able to find any info about it yet.
The-eBook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-eBook-Reader View Post
I guess there's a touchscreen model too, 511TEB, but I haven't been able to find any info about it yet.
Check the WISEreader N520.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
The-eBook-Reader
Groupie
The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: All
Hanvon clones, eh? I should known. Thanks!
The-eBook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
Lottiotta
Lottiotta began at the beginning.

Device: Elonex 511EB
I've got this one, and it seems pretty decent, although as it's such a new phenomenon I haven't really tried any other models. It's really light, the screen is clear and refreshes speedily, etc. I do like that it comes with 100 free books, and that I can faff with it through my computer. (I have a Mac, and I needed to buy a card reader to play with the book files, but I like that more.)

I am having a couple of quirky discoveries - when I put a new .txt file on, or any other file that I've created, I get two files - one that's the actual book file, and one that's a duplicate, with an underscore at the start of the file name, that contains no text at all. Bizarre. I also find the formatting a bit strange - there's no indents at the start of the paragraphs, and I can't add more than one carriage return between the title (or whichever bit of text) and the next line.

There was a strange bug where the .htm files had carriage returns in some places and the reader didn't see them and made the last word of one row and the first word of the next run together. There was a firmware update that smoothed that one out. I hope that some of the formatting niggles I've noticed are being sorted in the next firmware update, which this page says will be rolled out this week.

Anyway, if anyone has any tips I'd be really grateful to hear about your experiences and solutions. There's a really good blog post here, but it was more of a review than a bug-fixing advice post!
Lottiotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
Lottiotta
Lottiotta began at the beginning.

Device: Elonex 511EB
PS: Started this Wikipedia page.
Lottiotta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, waterstones