Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #16
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
usually only the farthest page read.
This is all I've ever used, and all I want now. It worked for my Kindle Keyboard/android phone.

I want it to work for my Touch/Fire!
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #17
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
Strange, I just added another book side-wise, and IT showed up under 'books', and NOT 'docs', while the first one I tried was the opposite...wierd.

Edit:

Curious-er and curious-er, this book also syncs -- and was not obtained from amazon.
Were they both NOT bought from Amazon?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:27 PM   #18
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fire seems very choosy. I had side-loaded non-Amazon books into the Books folder, but found them as Documents.

One thought: can you load the K4Android app and name it differently from your Fire, so you have a "My Kindle Content" folder on your Fire, and side-load into the "MKC" folder and see if they sync?
Old 11-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #19
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Were they both NOT bought from Amazon?
Correct. Neither book was from Amazon.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #20
gweminence
Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Fire seems very choosy. I had side-loaded non-Amazon books into the Books folder, but found them as Documents.

One thought: can you load the K4Android app and name it differently from your Fire, so you have a "My Kindle Content" folder on your Fire, and side-load into the "MKC" folder and see if they sync?
No need, I have a Touch as well, and the second book sync'd automatically.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #21
gweminence
Fat Guy

argh. So I just added TWO more non-amazon books, just to test, and guess what?

That's right. One showed up in books, the other in docs. The one in books will sync, the docs won't. They're both in the same folder on the Fire...so it seems very hit and miss.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #22
poohbear_nc
Now what?

I wonder if there's something different in the meta data that is causing some of the side-loaded books not to be "recognized" as books? Or that interferes with the syncing?
Old 11-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #23
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Are you loading them in to the books folder? What kind of file types? Seems like if you're loading txt files it might go to docs or something.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #24
gweminence
Fat Guy

Nope, all .mobi's, so far. And yes, the books folder.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #25
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I side-loaded a half dozen .mobi books to the Documents folder. Only one was recognized and appeared on the shelf and carousel. This is very strange, since the same books side-loaded to two other Android devices all appear normally. I can see I need to further investigate.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #26
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Never mind, used the wrong book to test.

Last edited by TomF; 11-15-2011 at 08:23 PM.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I side-loaded a half dozen .mobi books to the Documents folder. Only one was recognized and appeared on the shelf and carousel. This is very strange, since the same books side-loaded to two other Android devices all appear normally. I can see I need to further investigate.

My guess it has to with the pdoc tag. Do a mobi to mobi conversation in Calibre and change the pdoc option in mobi output section of the conversion window.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #28
gweminence
Fat Guy

Change it to what?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #29
gweminence
Fat Guy

Well I'll be gosh-darned.

Deleteing Pdoc entirely causes it to show up under books tab, AND enables syncing!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #30
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
Well I'll be gosh-darned.

Deleteing Pdoc entirely causes it to show up under books tab, AND enables syncing!
I had a feeling that is what it was. It works that way in Kindle 4 PC too.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote