Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
lync0142
lync0142 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Problems exporting books to Kindle

Hello, this is my first time using forums in general (and posting in them too), so I apologize if I make any mistakes. I also apologize if this has already been covered but I was unable to find any info about it. Anyway...

I've been using Calibre for about 6 months with my Kindle 2 and have been thrilled with it. I updated to the most recent version two weeks ago and found that I was no longer able to export any books stored as pdfs to my Kindle. I am having intermittent problems converting pdfs to mobi format as well. Sometimes they convert correctly and then export in a readable format and other times the newly converted mobi format shows up as short lines. I tried to read through the suggestions on converting pdfs but I know very little about programming so it was difficult for me to understand. I updated Calibre again this morning to see if that would fix the problem and it hasn't. If anyone could let me know what might be going on and why all of a sudden I can't send pdfs to my Kindle, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!
lync0142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What happens when you try to send a pdf file to the kindle?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
lync0142

Nothing. It used to ask if I wanted to auto-convert books before uploading. Now all that happens is that the jobs icon in the bottom right hand corner says "1", spins for a while, and then stops. If I click on the icon, the further information box says that the book was successfully sent but it never shows up on my Kindle. I have the same problem with a friend's Kindle as well.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindles with the upgraded firmware now support pdf files, so calibre wont autoconvert them. If you want to autoconvert the pdf go to preferences->plugins->device interface plugins, look for the kindle plugin, click customize and uncheck the pdf format.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
lync0142

Thank you, now it uploads the file. But I'm still curious, how come when I try to upload pdfs to my Kindle without converting them first they don't actually upload? Thanks!
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Does your kindle have the upgraded firmware (have you left its wireless on for at least an hour recently)?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #7
Taka B.
Mekh
Taka B. began at the beginning.

Device: Rocket Ebook / Kindle 3
This has happened occasionaly for me too. Forcing a hard reboot of the Kindle helped. I may have to do with not "ejecting" the Kindle properly.
Taka B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:26 AM   #8
antheawood
antheawood began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Delete email address in "connect"

My kindle email has changed. How doI change it in Calibre? I have redone the wizard, reinstalled the program but it carries on remembering a non existing email and I can't send any books to the free address
antheawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:29 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Preferences->Sharing book by email