I park way out where there are plenty of spaces 16 44.44%
I will knock an old lady down to get a space close 1 2.78%
It doesn't matter because I use two spaces 3 8.33%
I don't drive...... 6 16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #31
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
is wanker really that harsh of slang in Britain that it gets star treatment?
I told you already, I'm an old-fashioned English gentleman
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:14 PM   #32
arit
Cybook Warrior
arit has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.arit has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.arit has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.arit has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.arit has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nokia E65, HTC Universal, Cybook G3
Being near death while trying to fit into a parking space near the destination and the bad feeling while being away from the car and hoping others take enough care to park properly or rather have a nice morning walk by parking a few meters away in a wide safe place

I like those first/last parking spaces, because there the danger at least does not surround one's car

As for parking at the mall... my mother seems to dislike my selectiv parking habits
arit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #33
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Don't mind walking a bit.

BTW, I would happily reintroduce flogging for any able bodied person who parks in a disabled spot

New poll?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #34
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by arit View Post
Being near death while trying to fit into a parking space near the destination and the bad feeling while being away from the car and hoping others take enough care to park properly or rather have a nice morning walk by parking a few meters away in a wide safe place

I like those first/last parking spaces, because there the danger at least does not surround one's car

As for parking at the mall... my mother seems to dislike my selectiv parking habits
A few weeks ago, I was supposed to go to Maggie Moon's college graduation. It was about an hour and a half drive away from home. I got there on time, but not on time enough ... they had closed the stadium and I wasn't allowed in.

So, I had a few hours to kill since I still wanted to make the graduation party, so I popped off to the Outlet Mall in San Marcos. Big place .... HUGE parking lot. I parked and just sort of wandered around. Totally forgot where I parked.

I ended up in the Pottery Barn Outlet and found a bunch of great stuff. Just as I am leaving, the rain starts pouring down in torrents. So, there's me in my best silk dress, leaving a store with a shopping cart full of stuff, and no umbrella (I had it ... it just was so nice out, I left it in the car).

I asked the girl behind the counter if she had any really big shopping or trash bags. Cut myself arm and head holes, tied another bag around my head (not like I was planning to suffocate myself, but more like a head scarf), and wandered out into the rain to find my car. I got several comments .... all made with good humor. Most were, "oh that's brilliant ... why didn't I think of that" ... some were "hey are you the bag lady we've heard so much about?" (my reply to that was, "No, I'm the crazy cat lady you've heard so much about, I'm just taking over for the bag lady because it's her day off.")

I got soaked anyway -- because it took me about 45 minutes to find the stupid car -- but it was an adventure in parking.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #35
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
I have a big honking SUV so I have to park out in the back fourty, truck wasn't my choice but with the parking spaces being so small now there is nooo way I would ever get that mamouth in one and if I did I would have to wait till the place closed down in order to get out. And then to top all that off..I have a h*ll of a time remembering where I parked it. Well thank you for the opportunity to rant I fell much better now.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #36
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I'm sorry, Blueberry hill is just NOT one of the choices!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #37
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Luckily I have a parking spot at home, at work I have to park in underground parking. Because my car is CURSED, I manage to get a new dent each week from some idiot parking next to my car and opening their door into my car.

I have never had so many dents on a car...
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #38
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
I always park in the first available space. it's generally was faster to park quickly then walk, than to do a zillion turn to find the space just near the entrance.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #39
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
We have little "Scruffy", the shopping- (and dog-) cart, and usually park him far away from the ding-zone that's close to the mall/shopping centre entrance (even though he's meant for ding-tolerance), and we have the "nice driving car", "Wolfie", who we park as far away from the entrance as possible, usually at home, in the garage, and we just walk instead.

Technically, I don't drive, not having ever had a license, so "we" as it relates to me means "chauffeur-driven".

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #40
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I do one loop through my favorite aisle to see if there are any good open spots and then I park in first available. (That is, I drive up to the store, then drive up my favorite aisle looking for the first comfortable spot.)
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote