Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
jdm001
Connoisseur
jdm001 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Dualbook
Docs to Go error "Unsupported device. Passion"

Hello, i was hoping someone could help. My system app D2G wont work, and i think i found a fix but dont know how to do it.

Heres what i found somewhere else on this forum:

Quote: Originally Posted by johnseeking New bug? Documents-To-Go isn't working. Gives me an "unsupported devic -passion" error message when I try to open or create a new document. Trie uninstalling & reinstalling through market. It doesn't think I have the full version anymore. Ideas?

Hm, looks like DTG cares about different setting in build.properties.

Changed this: ro.product.name=passion
to this: ro.product.name=edgejr

using busybox vi and restarted -DTG agree to create new documents now. Market still seem to work. No further testing done
jdm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
or delete docs to go as the soft is pretty cr*p and use any other office software from market as picsel office, quick office, etc. docs to go does not make us of the e-ink functions so pretty useless.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
jdm001
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
or delete docs to go as the soft is pretty cr*p and use any other office software from market as picsel office, quick office, etc. docs to go does not make us of the e-ink functions so pretty useless.
Is there a good all in one that does docs AND excel but also make use of ereader screen?
Old 01-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

no/ you have to use javese app for this/
Old 01-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
hilaryfrompa
Member Retired
hilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm001 View Post
Hm, looks like DTG cares about different setting in build.properties.

Changed this: ro.product.name=passion
to this: ro.product.name=edgejr

using busybox vi and restarted -DTG agree to create new documents now. Market still seem to work. No further testing done
How do you do this? I mean, how can I do this? I get the passion error message too.
hilaryfrompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
vicinc
Guru

in terminal. but docs to go is cr*p and old software
Old 01-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
jdm001
Connoisseur

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
in terminal. but docs to go is cr*p and old software

Lol okay... to quote a hero of mine: "Thats like, just, your opinion, man."

I also like:
Whats better, to be the smartest man alive but not know it, or the 2nd smartest (but know youll never, ever be first)?

"Neither because it sucks!"

Anyway, thank you but that still doesnt answer the question. And, i know it sucks but its integrated into the os distro i have, its a free viewer, and all i need is a quick fix.

How can i getto terminal in Ermine, and im assuming ill need to edit it in Vi?
Old 01-31-2012, 07:01 AM   #8
vicinc
Guru

use terminal application or install one from the market.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #9
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Others have bricked their device when modifying the system files...
And the android Office package is better, IMHO. It was free on amazon at one time.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
jdm001
Connoisseur

I Got It!

For anyone else that has the problem...

I got my Pocket Edge with Ermine installed but an old version of ES Explorer. I went into the Android Market and saw another version of ES Explorer (it said "installed" and when I went in to view it, it said "Update").

I updated, and the NEW version of it allowed me to navigate to the /system/ folder and then hit the menu button, goto settings, and then enable "root access" and then had me "mount drive" (another checkbox just below the root access one). Both were slightly "hidden" in that you have to scroll down on the pocket edge to see the options.

After doing that, I long tapped on the build.prop file until it gave me a list of options and I chose "open as" then "text" and then the second option (the first two options look viable, one didn't open, so i tried the second option--db text editor i think--and it worked).

I then renamed the following line:
ro.product.name=passion
to
ro.product.name=edgejr

It tried to capitalize the "E" in edgejr, so i had to delete the e, and then retype and it was fine.

I hit the menu button, hit "save" file, and it said "file saved successfully."

I then powered off.

When I powered back on and ran Documents To Go, it works flawlessly.

Fantastic!

I'll come back on here and post another post if I find any other side affects, but I tinkered in the Docs program for a few minutes, then ran other programs for an hour or so, and no issues so far!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #11
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Great! Glad you figured it out, jdm001!

You also answered a question for me, which is should I upgrade my ES File Explorer? I am still using the original and, since I know my way around in it, I haven't wanted to upgrade. Now maybe I will!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #12
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Filark, there is no reason you shouldn't update ES File Explorer - the newer version works the same way as the old, it just does more.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #13
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Cool! Thank you -- I'll just do that now!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote