Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
OmaOttie
OmaOttie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Nook device not recognized after upgrade to 0.8.51

Never had any issues with Calibre before, but this after I updated to 0.8.51 today. Am using Win 7/64, OS recognizes device, plugins are installed (maybe not compatible with new version?), no other devices, cannot open ticket, Calibre stops responding and then crashes. :-(

If I uninstall Calibre 0.8.51 and go back to my latest version, 0.8.48, will my books be deleted with the uninstall?

Thanks for helping! :-)
Cheers,
Ottie
OmaOttie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmaOttie View Post
Never had any issues with Calibre before, but this after I updated to 0.8.51 today. Am using Win 7/64, OS recognizes device, plugins are installed (maybe not compatible with new version?), no other devices, cannot open ticket, Calibre stops responding and then crashes. :-(

If I uninstall Calibre 0.8.51 and go back to my latest version, 0.8.48, will my books be deleted with the uninstall?

Thanks for helping! :-)
Cheers,
Ottie
Uninstall Calibre
Delete 8.5i installer previously downloaded (and empty trash)
Download a fresh copy only from the official site(s) without using a download manager
Re-install

Your Library should show up intact
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
OmaOttie

Thank you for responding, theducks, but that didn't do it. I will just have to use the folder option. I am curious though why it is no longer working.
Thanks again!
Cheers,
Ottie
Old 05-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Why not follow the instructions in My device is not detected by calibre and post the output so we can see what is happening.

Is the Nook plugin disabled?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
OmaOttie

Peter,
as I mentioned, I did try that but Calibre will not let me do that, Calibre stops responding and crashes. :-(
The Nook plugin is enabled.

Ottie
Old 05-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->plugins and disable the pdf metadata reader plugin.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote