Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-13-2006, 04:25 AM   #31
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Actually one is positive, one negative, and one ground. But you are right...

The problem being that to physically plug it into a sokcet you need the larger ground pin, as it releases the shutters, which prevent idiots and children pokeing things into the live bits :-)
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:29 AM   #32
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz

The problem being that to physically plug it into a sokcet you need the larger ground pin, as it releases the shutters, which prevent idiots and children pokeing things into the live bits :-)
I didnt know that, We have many plugs that come without ground. And any idiot can poke into our sockets Well, you never stop learning.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2006, 04:30 AM   #33
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
It seems like the charger is one of those "slide in the plug of choice" types, they might send you the right plug (when I bought a battery charger from US they sent European), or you might be able to acquire the right one, so you don't have an extra bulky plug (with adapter and all).

Ok, went to check... if it's a standard type of slide-in plug, I have a UK version right here, which I can send you by post, if you end up needing it.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:31 AM   #34
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak

The UK is great on those type of security measures, like the typical light switch/cord in bathrooms. Clever guys!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:33 AM   #35
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually I have an old palm charger like that. I was just thinking that if they are similar designs, the 3pin bit may well fit the iLiad charger.

As I said though a europlug to UK adaptors are only 4 quid. as long as the charger itself works for 240v I'm happy.
Advert
Old 07-13-2006, 04:35 AM   #36
Riocaz

Actually they are now leaning away from lightcords in the bathrooms. Which means that you have to have a switch outside the room.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:36 AM   #37
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak

Ok, the offer's still open, although I'll have to see the charger to make sure it actually works, lol, but the plug is just sitting here unused (we got our Blackberrys at work with a full collection of plugs).
Old 07-13-2006, 04:37 AM   #38
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak

Pity, I love those cords and the click-click they do.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:38 AM   #39
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
the "slde-on" mechanism look pretty standard and works very well, you might very wellb e able to use your plug or buy one that fits and just slide it on...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:42 AM   #40
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
i'm going to read for a bit now...I'll tell you more in a little while.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 05:02 AM   #41
Riocaz

Fair enough. Go have fun while we talk behind your back ;-P
Old 07-13-2006, 07:18 AM   #42
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:

The cap of a BIC pen makes a good work here. You insert it in the ground pin, the shutters are released, and then you can insert a round continental stile two-pin plug.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:23 AM   #43
Riocaz

I think i would prefer to just buy the adaptor...
Old 07-13-2006, 07:24 AM   #44
stinky ox
Connoisseur
stinky ox began at the beginning.

Device: samsung q1, iLiad
Is it nasty tasting to goats?

One of the things I'd like to do is chill in the bottom field in the sun and read. I can't do that with my Origami because conventional LCDs and sunlight just don't mix, of course. And if I take paper media down there, the goats try and eat them.
stinky ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:26 AM   #45
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
I think i would prefer to just buy the adaptor...
This is because you are a native. We continentals are always lacking adaptors for all our gadgets.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote