Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-17-2020, 09:57 AM   #61
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I take book covers with a grain of salt; I've read and enjoyed too many books in which the cover has very little in common with the characters.

If a story hooks me, I'll overlook some less-than-stellar writing. Misspelled words in books are the things that annoy me.

Insta-love in romances annoys me, too. Ditto when the characters fall into bed within the first ten pages, or when the author devotes an entire chapter to a sex scene. To me, that's just padding the word count. I much prefer things to be left to my imagination, rather than reading what is basically a how-to sequence.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 02:13 PM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
I take book covers with a grain of salt; I've read and enjoyed too many books in which the cover has very little in common with the characters.

If a story hooks me, I'll overlook some less-than-stellar writing. Misspelled words in books are the things that annoy me.

Insta-love in romances annoys me, too. Ditto when the characters fall into bed within the first ten pages, or when the author devotes an entire chapter to a sex scene. To me, that's just padding the word count. I much prefer things to be left to my imagination, rather than reading what is basically a how-to sequence.
If I am unfamiliar with the author, then all I have to go on is the cover and the description. If the cover is really bad or a typical romance type cover, I'll not bother reading the descriptions.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote