Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-24-2017, 11:43 PM   #6106
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
The moral of story is make sure your name isn't "Stark".
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:10 AM   #6107
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster?
My new coffee cup:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2674.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	158696  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:17 AM   #6108
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Where can I get one of those cup rests..?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:32 PM   #6109
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Where can I get one of those cups?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:07 PM   #6110
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Corrupt-A-Topic (anymore off-topic and it would be on-topic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Where can I get one of those cup rests..?

Sorry. That's one of a kind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Where can I get one of those cups?

The place I bought mine made only a limited run and they're now sold out, but I like this one just as well if not better, and it has the patented motto, "[It's like having] your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick."
Old 08-28-2017, 10:11 AM   #6111
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Sorry. That's one of a kind!

The place I bought mine made only a limited run and they're now sold out, but I like this one just as well if not better, and it has the patented motto, "[It's like having] your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick."
for the link - I hadn't encountered redbubble before.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:44 PM   #6112
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Norton's looking awfully cute!!

(assuming I've remembered the right name)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:31 AM   #6113
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Norton's looking awfully cute!!

(assuming I've remembered the right name)
You did, and his 10th birthday is less than three weeks away. He's not a puppy anymore.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:16 AM   #6114
alexjames4u
alexjames4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjames4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjames4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjames4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjames4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjames4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjames4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjames4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjames4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjames4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjames4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke
alexjames4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:17 PM   #6115
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
The song says "don't let the sun catch you crying." What would the sun do to you if it did catch you crying? Would you get a sunburn since the tears could act as a magnifying glass?
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #6116
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Recently I was asked if I was the English satirical novelist Tom Sharpe. No, I’m not, which is a good thing from my standpoint as he died in 2013. Then I realized that there are other people with whom people might be confusing me.

I am not Tom Sharpe the actor and writer, although I think this person’s existence is the reason for a party invite I once received via email from Eddie Murphy. My niece was doing stand up in California at the time and I suspect my name on her email list which also included numerous popular comedians was the real reason I got the invite. Or maybe Mr. Murphy was in the mood to invite people who shared his birthday (I do). I’ve always wondered what he would have said had I shown up at his door.

I’m not the actor and comedian Thom Sharp. He’s from Dearborn, a suburb of Detroit, Michigan; a place I’ve never been. Besides, I have hair. My own real growing hair that I can wash, I can comb, I can mess up if I want to.

I'm not the mathematician William F. Sharpe. It just doesn't add up.

I AM, however, the Richard Sharpe that Bernard Cornwall writes all those stories about. He evidently thought that calling me “Richard” would sell more books than using my given name of William Thomas. What can I say? Writers and their poetic license!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-05-2017 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:34 PM   #6117
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Huh. You are the only Tom Sharpe that I've heard of. Those others must be the imposters. Or at least copy cats. (Although, actually, I only know you as "WTSharpe".)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:36 AM   #6118
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
...my given name of William Thomas.
Now I'm curious, why are you calling yourself Tom, when surely that's a diminutive of Thomas, not William? Shouldn't you be Bill, or Will? There's a whole new set of Sharpe's you can start stalking .

Or is it from your second initial, which presumably stands for Thomas?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:29 AM   #6119
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Now I'm curious, why are you calling yourself Tom, when surely that's a diminutive of Thomas, not William? Shouldn't you be Bill, or Will? There's a whole new set of Sharpe's you can start stalking 😀.

Or is it from your second initial, which presumably stands for Thomas?

My full name is William Thomas Sharpe III. Like my father and grandfather before me, I have always gone by Tom (Tommy when I was young). I have no idea why. I assume it was a tradition started by my great grandparents. Perhaps they had some form of dyslexia. These days I'm just as likely to answer to William, however, seeing as how every form that must be filled out whether online or in real life always asks for a first name.

I only choose "WT" so as not to be confused with all the other Toms and Williams.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #6120
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
If practical teleportation was invented would it lead to a complete change in the structure of the world? In an instant all other methods of transport would no longer be needed since you could go from one point to another anywhere on the globe in an instant.

Of course, it could also lead to a change in the nature of warfare. In the comic book miniseries Empire the lead character (a villain who has actually taken over the world) maintains absolute control via teleportation. At any sign of opposition he teleports his troops there instantly to crush it.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
man boobs, skippy the bush kangaroo, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness