Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
which material offers tougher protection between EVA & high-resistance polyurethane?

I have found two cases for my 9.7'' reader that have the same price but are made of different materials. One is in Ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA), while the other is in high-resistance polyurethane.

I want to make sure I protect the reader when I put it in my backpack or in a suitcase that would go in the baggage hold - I have a neoprene sleve, but I do not trust it too much for a bit of rough and tumble.

Which of these two do you reckon is more suitable?
Many thanks!

Last edited by paola; 01-13-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: correction in the title
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The thing you need to protect it against are twisting forces - they are what break the screen substrate. Consequently, you want a case that's as rigid as possible.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I think as a precaution against theft, the item should not be placed in checked baggage. At least, that is the general warning.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thanks for your answers - true, not wise to put the reader in a suitcase destined for the baggage hold, though I would like to be able to put it in a suitcase in the car.

And I understand the point on avoiding torsion, but I have been unable to find a completely rigid case, which is why I had converged over the two cases linked above. I am now mullying over converting a biscuit tin box...
paola is offline   Reply With Quote