Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM   #26416
Panchax
Enthusiast
Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panchax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST
Just finished The Outsiders andRumble Fish by S. E. Hinton. Both good books, but too similar to one another to make it worth reading both. Makes me realize how I wasn't as tough as I thought I was in high school
Started King Rat by China Miéville, and I am still in the middle of the Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo. I actually like both of them just as much in just about every way.
I hate that my ereader has so many books! If I was reading pbooks, I would have finished The Hunchback of Notre Dame before starting the next thing.
Panchax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 04:33 AM   #26417
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: F&SF, September 2017.
Which was an above average issue, mainly because of "Hollywood Squid" and "Starlight Express".

"Evil Opposite" by Naomi Kritzer was a promising but disappointing (IMO) look at a researcher's reactions to the multi-world theory of QM.
"We Are Born" by Dare Segun Falowo was an odd fantasy set in Nigeria.
"Tasting Notes on the Varietals of the Southern Coast" is (underneath) a rather good MilSf short centred on Wine.
"The Care of House Plants" by Jeremy Minton is a disturbing look at future biotech.
"The Hermit of Houston" by Samuel R. Delany I just didn't believe in at all.
"On Highway 18" by Rebecca Campbell is an odd ghost story.
"Hollywood Squid" by Oliver Buckram was a funny SF story, the best thing in the issue, IMO.
"Still Tomorrow's Going to Be Another Working Day" by Amy Griswold is a good short on the problems of loans and biotech.
"Bodythoughts" by Rahul Kanakia is an odd post-alien-war story.
"Riddle" by Lisa Mason is a disturbing fantasy with the most famous riddler of antiquity.
"Children of Xanadu" is a good SF again on biotech and ethics.
"The Two-choice Foxtrot of Chapham County" by Tina Connolly is an interesting fantasy but had too many fantastical elements for me.
"Starlight Express" by Michael Swanwick is a very good look at a far future when interstellar travel has come and gone.

Next up: The Rose Rent by Ellis Peters. The 13th in her Cadfael series.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:16 AM   #26418
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S7 Edge and Galaxy Tab 4 7.0
FInished Covenant: A Superteam Novel. Continuing Fact of a Body, though because of the content, I may deviate again... I want to read it, but I can only handle so much at a time.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote