Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
webhill
webhill began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
If this then that style tagging?

Hi,

I'm curious if any Calibre power-users here can advise me. I use Calibre to manage to non-Amazon ebooks, nothing fancy, just so I can sort them by various methods (author, title, series, tag, etc) and easily send them to various devices using the built-in email feature. Here's my situation: I've been running into the issue lately where I just forget that I have already emailed a book to one of my Kindles - and if I then email it again, well - I have two copies of it in my Amazon cloud storage, which is not my desired outcome.

If I realized that I already had a book in my Amazon cloud, then obviously I could just download it onto additional devices from there. So, I thought I should just tag all of my already-cloud-stored books with the tag "amazon-cloud," and then I'd be able to easily tell which ones were uploaded. The thing is, what would really be great is if I could automate the process for future uploads - eg tell Calibre that every time I email a book to a Kindle, I want it to go ahead and add the tag "amazon-cloud" to that book (unless of course that tag is already on there - but I think I am clear-headed enough to avoid THAT issue ).

So, does anyone know if that is possible?

Thanks!
webhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
I would recommend Reading List plugin. While I don't know anything about emailing books, this plugin has a tab for Device, surely it should be good for something. Also it seems like you can populate the list from the device.

What I know for sure: You can create a list named 'in Cloud', and make it so that every time you add a book to this list (simple process, 2 clicks), it enters your tag into your column. Or pops up with a message saying this book already is in the list.

Not good practice: Deleting the tag manually - book still stays on the list. Entering the tag manually (like before plugin was installed) - book needs to be put on list anyway.

Then when you have tags in place, you can use it and color the title purple! (for quick reference)
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert