Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #31
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
So far so good. I'm having a little trouble with using the side by side, cutting a pic and pasting it to the note. I don't think it's the software, I just haven't found instructions. I will dig and see if Samsung put them on the device itself.

I found a review that pulled up the clip board and I learned to paste things I've screen shot to clipboard. It's a learning process I think. I'm ok with that I just wish they had put a manual in the box. I did find some basic how to's, but more details would be nice. Guess I'll keep playing until I figure it all out..

No lag on the pen. I've tried it in s-note. Really good!

For note takers, s-note lets you make folders, and folders within folders for great organization of your notes. Samsung did a really good job with that.

For my editing of PDF files I've been using iannotate. It's not as robust as the iPad version, but it has all the features I use ( like placing sticky notes, circling, underlining text) for working with my PDF's.

I tried Mantano Reader. The pen works but I did vector ( long line vectored on screen when my palm rested against it while writing.)once. I'm going to have to test that one again. That doesn't happen in S-note or iAnnotate, and Papyrus. I still need to download Evernote to try it and try importing books into Kno.

I just need to figure out how everything works but for the price, not bad at all.

Should have started a new thread for Galaxy Note 10.1. I'm interested in productivity Apps if anyone finds good tablet Apps.

For those that care, Video runs smoothly also. I'm really not seeing what theverge was seeing as far as slow downs.

Last edited by Synergi; 08-18-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #32
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergi View Post
For my editing of PDF files I've been using iannotate. It's not as robust as the iPad version, but it has all the features I use ( like placing sticky notes, circling, underlining text) for working with my PDF's.
I didn't realize iAnnotate made it on to Android the more the better. However I would recommend ezPDF and RepliGo for annotating PDF. Both use the PDF annotation standard and both are tablet optimized.

ezPDF($2.99) and RepliGo ($1.99)
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #33
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I didn't realize iAnnotate made it on to Android the more the better. However I would recommend ezPDF and RepliGo for annotating PDF. Both use the PDF annotation standard and both are tablet optimized.

ezPDF($2.99) and RepliGo ($1.99)
Thanks! I actually have ezPDF, bought it on Amazon's App store when I owned the Entourage Edge. I just loaded it up and it can read my sticky notes from the iAnnotate App. I'll have to see which works better. I'll give the RepliGo App a try also..

Thanks for the suggestion!

Have you decided if your getting the Note also?

I picked up RepliGo. Its working well. So far it can read my stickys, ezPDF can, and Mantano cannot.I'm surprised, I was expecting Mantano to be the better program for this. I'll have to see which is better between those three. No vectors with RepliGo either... very smooth..

Edit: Looks like ezPDF is updated to work with the S-Pen. It works I just don't have the updated version on Google's Play store. Amazon is slow to get the updates for some reason.

Also, the manual for Note 10.1 is in the play store go figure..

The manual helped a little but was not that great. The multitasking of two apps isn't that intuitive so you have to play around for copy and pasting, resizing, changing pen ink color etc.. I'm getting the hang of it though.

Last edited by Synergi; 08-19-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:39 AM   #34
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes the support is much better on the market in addition you can contact the devs from the store. where with Amazon your shielded from the devs. Also the developer for ezPDF is very active so updates come often.

I'm real remote tempted but a 10" tablet is to big for me since I really want a tablet for reading. I'm most interested in the original note 5", but if Samsung released a7" I'd jump on that tablet.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:43 AM   #35
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Sounds pretty good, if they had a 3G version with a higher screen resolution I would be all over it (preferably a 7" model). Well, in the end I may settle for the Note 2.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #36
Synergi
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Sounds pretty good, if they had a 3G version with a higher screen resolution I would be all over it (preferably a 7" model). Well, in the end I may settle for the Note 2.
I've been thinking on the Note 2 for my phone. I'm in need of one since I'm using my husband old Evo 4G for Voip only. His phone is slower and connects at half the speed of his new Nexus phone, so im debating on iPhone 5 or Note 2 for voip. Pricey though since I buy off contract as I have no intentions of ever having a smartphone plan.

I'm the opposite as you guys. I can barely stand a 7'', to small for me. I'm always hitting the wrong button. I got the KF because I'm so heavy in Amazons ecosystem. Rumor is they have a 10'' coming but they just added instant video to IOS for Prime users. The only feature left I don't get is borrowing a book a month. My 7'' is good enough for that one task.

It is good though for reading in bed. Especially when i'm trying to hide I'm reading so I don't wake up the other half.

After much playing in my pdf files, for those that says the iPad 3's is a gimmick and you can't tell the difference.. yea they have no idea what their talking about. Honestly, if your use to low res screen this will be fine. The text is just so much sharper and clearer on the iPad 3 display. You also can see a full page without zooming in. You can see a full page on the Samsung but I do zoom in to make the next bigger for me to read.

If Apple would suck it and add in a pen, on that display, yumm..

Just a thought.. I wonder if Samsung named the S-pen just in case Apple adds a pen later and you know it would be called the iPen lol.. Samsung could say.. yay they copied..

Sorry I'm babbling. I still like the Note, they just did skimp on the screen but its nothing that makes your eyes bleed..

Last edited by Synergi; 08-19-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #37
=X=
Wizard

Samsung's Note commercial, it's clever.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #38
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I decided to get the Note 10.1 also, as a replacement for my pocket edge. I still can't figure out how to cut and paste in the notes, or something like the edge's create space and delete space. I'll miss that of it isn't possible. Other than that, I'm very happy with the tablet.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #39
Synergi
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
I decided to get the Note 10.1 also, as a replacement for my pocket edge. I still can't figure out how to cut and paste in the notes, or something like the edge's create space and delete space. I'll miss that of it isn't possible. Other than that, I'm very happy with the tablet.
Yes its not Intuitive at all and Samsung did a poor job on the guides. If your doing a note and website side by side, you can press and hold the Imagine to copy to clip board. Then you need to select the T or symbol for text to pull up the keyboard and there is a clipboard button on the bottom right that shows you all your imagines.. just press the one you want and it will insert onto your note..
Old 08-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #40
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
But I can't cut and paste within the notes like I could with my edge. I used to have a to-do list that I would cut sections out when completed. This is set up like a piece of paper. Doesn't take advantage of the fact that it's actually electronic... at least I don't see how to do it...
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #41
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
You're kidding right? The Surface tablet is a regression as well. People are excited about it because they think they will get a full fledged OS instead they will get a hobbled tablet with limited features.
The ARM version, yes; but the x86 version will run full fledged Win8 with either UI. Granted, the desktop UI probably won’t be optimized for a touch screen; but then that’s what the keyboard cover is for.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #42
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Well, Synergi and Serena, thanks for taking one for the team!
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #43
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
I so agree! I was extremely disappointed when the iPad first came out. My initial response was, "Its just a big iPod!"
Yup, and it still is! Folks tend to forget that Apple’s genius is in svelte and marketing, not innovation. Remember, just because they hold the patent doesn’t mean they invented it.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #44
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Galaxy Note 10.1 teardown reveals pleasantly serviceable design

Quote:
Samsung's Galaxy Note 10.1 may have just debuted last Friday, but eager iFixit tinkerers have already managed to post a full disassembly guide, replete with high-resolution photos and detailed notes. In a nutshell, the teardown reveals an impressively thin device but at the cost of opting for a lower-capacity battery.

One thing iFixit found particularly interesting about the Galaxy Note 10.1 is its excellent reparability. Despite being thinner than third-generation iPads, this latest Galaxy Note proves to be unusually serviceable. Samsung used a minimal amount of glue, just five differently sized screws and didn't fuse the inexpensive digitizer (i.e. the sheet of glass-composite which covers the display) to the relatively expensive display panel. Nice move, Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Teardown
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #45
Synergi
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
But I can't cut and paste within the notes like I could with my edge. I used to have a to-do list that I would cut sections out when completed. This is set up like a piece of paper. Doesn't take advantage of the fact that it's actually electronic... at least I don't see how to do it...
You can take a screen shot of any screens. Now the video made it look like you could cut the picture how you want and paste it. But there's nothing in the documentation that explains how to do this really. I only learned how to get to the clip board by watching another reviewer. Terrible documentation..

I don't know if you need to cut it down in photoshop. Thats an option I suppose then insert the picture. Frankly I'm finding all the multitasking Samsung boast about a pain in the ass because they don't explain enough lol.

I keep reading about dragging and dropping but I haven't found that either. I don't mind a learning curve but give us more then a quick start guide.

Serena is this what your looking for? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zH4Fm8EHRU

Update:

So I figured out, say you have multiscreen up, I'm using s-note and random webpage, you press and hold the pen button in, then press and hold the pen against the screen you want to capture, then it will screen shot the picture and bring you to the page with the lasso etc to cut down the photo. Crop the photo by putting the rectangle or lasso around your picture, clic done. Then you can drag and drop onto your note.

I had a edge to so partly wanted to be able to drag and drop photos onto notes. Can't believe it took me so long to figure it out.. better late then never..

HansTWN, been dying for a pen so I finally couldn't resist! I hope my trials help you guys out. Now that I got the pic, cut, paste, drag and drop figured out, I like it even more.

Last edited by Synergi; 08-20-2012 at 10:36 PM.