Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-07-2012, 05:05 AM   #31
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporPunk View Post
Thanks Rumpelteazer. Good news for all us benelux-ers, as far as I'm concerned the sooner the better.

Let the Amazon vs Bol war begin!
LOL.

IMHO Bol has been in panic mode the last couple of months. Opening new "departements" such as baby supplies and kitchen wares. I wouldn't be surprised if that is a direct reaction to Amazon opening the Dutch/Benelux store.

I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon opens the new store when a new Kindle, the Fire 2 or maybe the Kindle Touch with glowlight, is released.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #32
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Dutch is not exactly the most spoken language in the world, regardless of how nice Dutch people may be.
Deal with it and move on.
Don't quite understand what your issue is here but most German speakers can easily understand a simple text in Dutch as the one linked above and there are plenty of German speakers about.
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #33
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I assume they do the same as a Spanish speaker can make out a bit of Portuguese. Still it's a totally different language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
Don't quite understand what your issue is here but most German speakers can easily understand a simple text in Dutch as the one linked above and there are plenty of German speakers about.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #34
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
But they are??? Unless Japanese isn't? I can get into amazon.uk, .com, .de all with the same login and password???
But not on the Japanese Amazon.
They simply refuse to join the rest of the world.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #35
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
i tried, but the song titles are all weird. i want it in japanese script
Then perhaps you should try Rakuten's MP3 Shop.
Advert
Old 07-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #36
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
I assume they do the same as a Spanish speaker can make out a bit of Portuguese. Still it's a totally different language.
You assume too much.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #37
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Dutch is not exactly the most spoken language in the world, regardless of how nice Dutch people may be.
Deal with it and move on.
Yeah, so we sould stop speaking language if there not "the most spoken in the world" ?

There might be people here here do read Dutch. And weirdly enough, they also are the people who are most likely interested by that info.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #38
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For all practical purposes they are the ONLY people that could possibly be interested by that info, hence my rejoinders.

Hmm, stop speaking languages that are not the most spoken ? I never thought of that. What a brilliant idea. So I propose we stop speaking all languages except English, French, Spanish and Japanese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Yeah, so we sould stop speaking language if there not "the most spoken in the world" ?

There might be people here here do read Dutch. And weirdly enough, they also are the people who are most likely interested by that info.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #39
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
For all practical purposes they are the ONLY people that could possibly be interested by that info, hence my rejoinders.

Hmm, stop speaking languages that are not the most spoken ? I never thought of that. What a brilliant idea. So I propose we stop speaking all languages except English, French, Spanish and Japanese.
A billion and a half Chinese would probably object not to mention a billion Indians.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #40
Quexos
Member Retired

You're probably right.
Though if I may interject, the Indians would not completely object since English is one of the spoken languages there. As for the Chinese, yeah they would definitely not be happy. They are 1.34 billion by the way, not 1.5, courtesy of the one child per family policy.
I should probably include Chinese in the languages that we are allowed to speak.

... but still not Dutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
A billion and a half Chinese would probably object not to mention a billion Indians.

Last edited by Quexos; 07-07-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
The 400 million Arabic speakers might be a little annoyed, too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #42
Quexos
Member Retired

No no !
I have already accepted 5 languages, if we go language by language, all languages will eventually be allowed and we'll be back at square one.
So I cannot accept this one. And if my decision entails the loss of a few skyscrapers in western countries (along with a few planes) then we'll have to make do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The 400 million Arabic speakers might be a little annoyed, too.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #43
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
No no !
I have already accepted 5 languages, if we go language by language, all languages will eventually be allowed and we'll be back at square one.
So I cannot accept this one. And if my decision entails the loss of a few skyscrapers in western countries (along with a few planes) then we'll have to make do.
Ahem... I don't see Monkeyese listed
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #44
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
You're probably right.
Though if I may interject, the Indians would not completely object since English is one of the spoken languages there. As for the Chinese, yeah they would definitely not be happy. They are 1.34 billion by the way, not 1.5, courtesy of the one child per family policy.
I should probably include Chinese in the languages that we are allowed to speak.

... but still not Dutch
There are more Bengali speakers than English speakers in India, and there are almost four times as many Hindi speakers.
As for the number of Chinese, that 1.34 billion is outdated, unless it was from last week.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #45
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Ahem... I don't see Monkeyese listed
Or classic Simianese, with the diction of Faulkner, the syntax of Shakespeare and the melody of Wordsworth. Unfortunately it is as well understood as Chaucer.