Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
SlickJulie
SlickJulie began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PocketEdge
Puffin Browser and Flash

Try the Puffin Browser....
http://www.4shared.com/file/WyNqR6dF/puffin_17.html

I have installed Flash Player 10.1.123 and it seems to be working....

By the way....thanks to all here who have posted....My PocketEdge is working great and it is because of all of you!....
SlickJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:03 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thanks, SlickJulie!

Excellent first post!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
glorfybe
glorfybe began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Hi,

this seems to work well, but it is cloud based like Skyfire - good find though as it seems better than Skyfire!
glorfybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Very nice find. Just a quick note, since it is cloud based Flash Player installation is not required. Here's a good test site to see if it works:

http://www.flashcomguru.com/apps/ful...ullscreen.html
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
It does work, at least for the site I tried (abc.com). Although the skin tones are rather bluish, the video playback and audio are fine.
Thanks.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 11:15 PM   #6
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

I am worried, but am not certain, that the posted link may be to a paid version?
The free one that I see on the Market is called 'Puffin Experience' and has a different version #.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:38 AM   #7
archiegoodwin
archiegoodwin began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Can't get it to work. The app installed OK, but when I launch Puffin I get a message saying there is no internet connection, and it won't let me do anything else. Meanwhile both Dolphin and the default Edge browser access the internet with no problem whatsoever.
archiegoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:00 AM   #8
glow
Book and Gadget Fan

I guess I got lucky. My friend had the problem you describe, but after a reboot it did work.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:06 PM   #9
mjc1
mjc1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegoodwin View Post
Can't get it to work. The app installed OK, but when I launch Puffin I get a message saying there is no internet connection, and it won't let me do anything else. Meanwhile both Dolphin and the default Edge browser access the internet with no problem whatsoever.
archiegoodwin, I had the same problem. Exit out of the browser, go to your settings, and turn off your wifi. Turn it back on, make sure it's connected, and start the browser again, and it should work.
This browser works much better than Skyfire did. Having Flash video capability makes the PE even better! Thanks SlickJulie!
mjc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
glow
Book and Gadget Fan

Anyone know for sure if this is a legitimate free version?
Thanks.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:09 PM   #11
ATFmac
Connoisseur
ATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge, Ermine 0.9, Rooted, Market Enabled
The url is a direct link to the puffin browser 1.7 download so theres no wait. It hasn't asked for a donation yet, but the software normally costs 99 cents on Market. The video played, but the sounds off timing and the video tint was a bit blue for me. Haven't tested on many flash videos yet though. So far its plays, but isn't really watchable for sane people :P

http://dc190.4shared.com/download/Wy...10807-56ead4ae

Puffin Experience is not the correct program, it is only a demo of the Puffin Browser(linked above this). It limits the pages you can visit to about 10 mainstream sites.

As a sidenote of interest, it can link with your dropbox (in browser menu, click More). Under Settings, it says it saves pages to your dropbox account. Could be interesting for some people on the go.

Last edited by ATFmac; 10-03-2011 at 09:24 PM.
ATFmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #12
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Just tried it. Not ready for prime time. Hopefully they will put out a newer version.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #13
archiegoodwin
archiegoodwin began at the beginning.

Thank mjc1. Turned off Wi-Fi, turned it back on, and it worked. As other people have pointed out, its not the greatest quality flash video, but it does work. Thanks again.
archiegoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #14
bonnie0915
bonnie0915 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
hi guys, I tried the puffin browser, got it working fine.
But somehow it automatically assumes that I am from the US?

I live in UK, and I was trying the BBC iplayer, and it says it's not available in my area, how bizarre!

Does anyone know how to fix this?
bonnie0915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #15
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegoodwin View Post
It worked for me a couple of days and now sadly I am getting the same indication. I have uninstalled and installed again including an older version and no go.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, flash, puffin