Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 02-15-2017, 09:47 PM   #1
binone
binone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavensbinone is a rising star in the heavens

Device: kindle
Select entire sentence

In previous version of Marvin ther was a cool feature where I could select an entire sentence when deep pressing on a word.

Is it possible to do this in Marvin 3?

Thanks,
binone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:57 PM   #2
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quite a few features got lost when you compare Marvin 2 with Marvin 3. Unfortunately, Kris has mostly ignored our requests to restore those lost features. (The official bugtracker at GitHub has been neglected for years, too, which speaks volumes.)

Another lost feature is that when highlights have notes attached to them, such highlights used to be dot-underlined in Marvin 2, but no longer in Marvin 3. And the top lost feature from Marvin 2 that I can't really understand why Kris wouldn't restore for us in Marvin 3, is the 3-finger-slide gesture. I miss it every single day (and on iPhone, too). But what can you do? Let's keep it real: Marvin is a half-dead app.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:34 PM   #3
It2Fr
It2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with othersIt2Fr plays well with others

Device: iPad Air 2
That there's' no visual indication to distinguish a highlight-with-notes from a highlight-without-notes has been frustrating to me as well. And then if there is a note it's a two-step process to see or modify it. You have to tap first on the highlight, then tap on the pencil icon.

IBooks marks noted highlights with a small square in the margins the same color as the highlight. Tap the square and you're immediately in the note.
It2Fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:42 PM   #4
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right, this could certainly be made more efficient in Marvin.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:46 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is a simple way to fix this. Pick a color to use for a highlight with a note. Use only that color for a highlight with a note. Then you'll know which highlights have a note and which do not. Problem solved.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:03 PM   #6
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Talking

You're kidding, Jon, eh? I need all the highlight colors that Marvin offers (I would welcome even more highlight colors). Each highlight color has a specific purpose in my annotations, and I frequently need to comment on each of those different purposes. (I could give you details on each of those different purposes, but I don't want to tire you. Trust me I regularly need to comment on highlights of each and every color available in Marvin.)