Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 01-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #1
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Flags

Hi,

sorry if this is a silly question but in "old" Marvin, when a book was flagged as new, it had a little red thingy in the top corner of the cover. I can't see a way to view the red thingy (or any thingies) in "new" Marvin.

I used the flags to also show which books had issues (I stuck them in a special collection) which had a handy green flag thingy.

I'm using the latest version on my iphone and ipad.

Thanks!
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:51 PM   #2
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No suggestions? I think I'll go back to old Marvin until I sort something out with this.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:28 AM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I was kind of hoping that the creator would comment. As far as I can tell, there is no way to use the flags like that.

On the other hand, you can use the user collections/smart collections to achieve something similar if all you want to do see what books have issues. I do miss the earlier flags, myself.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:12 PM   #4
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I was kind of hoping that the creator would comment. As far as I can tell, there is no way to use the flags like that.

On the other hand, you can use the user collections/smart collections to achieve something similar if all you want to do see what books have issues. I do miss the earlier flags, myself.
This old dog is having trouble learning new tricks.

In M2, a Read book has a blue checkmark option to indicate that it is "checked off", it is read, it is finished.

In M3, the flag option is the reverse of M2: a blue circle means "UnRead". If you want a flag, every book is flagged until you read it, then the flag goes away.

Whoever isn't here ... please raise your hand!

Marty
"An OLD Dog"
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:23 PM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
^^^ on the unread marker. Also, you can set your long-tap on the "M" to take you to any special collections.
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:29 PM   #6
skb
Evangelist

Thank you, pwalker8. I think I've been using Collections (but I never gave them a name in my head, if you know what I mean).

Marty! You're making me sad. The blue dot (circle...whatever) won't die! It taunts me! I thought the blue circle meant something else. Oy. Still, blue is my favourite colour.

Thanks Turtle91 - as I mentioned to pwalker, I think I'm already adding stuff to Collections.

But, this (admittedly small) issue aside, my overwhelming attitude towards Marvin is positive. I like it. Just not the blue dots.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:38 PM   #7
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
But, this (admittedly small) issue aside, my overwhelming attitude towards Marvin is positive. I like it. Just not the blue dots.
Same here ...
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote