Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hi. Pity on me. Cross compile request. Jnotify

Hey. I just am having no fun with my cross compiler again.

Pebcak.

Don't suppose some kind fool out there could cross compile these measly two files for me could they?

Jni.h hates me.

Target Kindle 3 (so java 1.4 blah de blah I guess if that matters)

I would be mightily appreciative. (expected output is a shared.so)

yours humbly. me.
Attached Files
File Type: gz jnotify.tar.gz (21.4 KB, 213 views)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: Fix the path to your JVM rootdir in Release/subdir.mk (and, actually, fix every gcc call in the few makefiles included, they default to 'gcc', hardcoded).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I fixed up the gcc. I link the shortnames.

okay I will give the JVM rootdir thing a fix! perhaps that will fix it.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try this one .
Attached Files
File Type: gz jnotify-k3.tar.gz (2.6 KB, 206 views)
Old 12-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Try this one .
HEHEHEHHE!!! So it's not only me.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
twobob

Quote:
Try this one .
testing - hero
Old 12-12-2012, 06:30 AM   #7
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Cool stuff... can you please report back if it actually works to monitor directories under /mnt/us? (And maybe even on the Touch/Paperwhite?)

I intended to use jnotify for JBPatch, but miserably failed and gave up on it. I think it was because some kernel symbols weren't found, or so... or maybe because FAT32 isn't supported... Whatever, can't remember, but it'd be awesome if it could be used.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Even natively, it's a bit messy over the userstore. Going behind fsp's back helps a bit.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #9
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Even natively, it's a bit messy over the userstore. Going behind fsp's back helps a bit.
Hehe, thanks. I guess I'll stay with my homegrown solution then
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:16 AM   #10
twobob

^ Insert swear words here.

Didn't even make it past the first hurdle. "Running"

Will revist. (and then look at your two's solutions as they actually work)
Old 12-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
twobob

unknown type name 'loff_t'

I got that far at long last...

clues Monsieur Niluje?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #12
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
unknown type name 'loff_t'

I got that far at long last...

clues Monsieur Niluje?
Long Offset Type?
Probably has to do with "large file support (64bit file addresses)"

Might be missing from your include chain, perhaps optioned out by having "large file support" disabled somewhere.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #13
twobob

gah. : ) Niluje came across this when he built it.
Sadly his skillage exceeds mine to the power "craploads"

erm... maybe its a gcc flag?

or maybe I need to check #include <sys/types.h>
will go dig

EDIT: Added types call in headers files

and
Code:
#elif defined (__arm__)
#if !defined (__NR_inotify_init)
# define __NR_inotify_init	316
#endif
#if !defined (__NR_inotify_add_watch)
# define __NR_inotify_add_watch	317
#endif
#if !defined (__NR_inotify_rm_watch)
# define __NR_inotify_rm_watch	318
#endif
in syscalls.h until I know if it wants the 0x900000 offset or not...

Last edited by twobob; 12-12-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #14
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
That reads as if your toolchain is picking up the host's sys/types.h rather than the target's sys/types.h
(ARM and most risc are different in a few details)

Someone asked on here recently if it made a difference which sys/types.h was used.
Answer: (days late) YES, it does.

gcc -E ...
Will show you the full paths of the include files being picked up.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #15
twobob

seems like I need to retroweave the released jar to test it in action.

me@dev /usr/local/src/retroweaver-2.0.7 $ java -cp "/usr/local/src/retroweaver-2.0.7/release/retroweaver-2.0.7.jar;/usr/local/src/retroweaver-2.0.7/lib/asm-3.1.jar;/usr/local/src/retroweaver-2.0.7/lib/asm-commons-3.1.jar" net.sourceforge.retroweaver.Weaver -jar ./jnotify-0.94.jar ./out.jar
Quote:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sourceforge/retroweaver/Weaver
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sourceforge.retroweaver.Weaver
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java: 217)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava:205)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 21)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launche r.java:294)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2 66)
Could not find the main class: net.sourceforge.retroweaver.Weaver. Program will exit.
sigh... err that's exactly how it say to do it in the docs. gah

/opt/jdk1.5.0_22/bin/java - same deal

Tags
fail, java, kindle 3, meh, x-compile