Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-01-2016, 07:00 AM   #1
Achromatic
Achromatic began at the beginning.

Device: android
How to remove CSS style sheet from epub files

I listen to books with the Fbreader tts plugin and ivona tts engine on my phone. Never had any issues until I upgraded to the nexus 6p. Now the speech goes silent for several words at the beginning of each paragraph. I would like to know how to remove paragraphs from the styesheet or, failing that, remove the CSS style sheet altogether. It does not matter how bad it makes the book look as I never look at it anyway.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:17 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Maybe convert to text, probably using markdown or textile formatting. assuming your text to speech kit can handle it

Removing the CSS would be the equivalent removing all the street names on a map - sort of.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2016, 11:15 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Paragraphs are Paragraphs regardless if there is a stylesheet

Code:
<p>stuff</p>
or 
<div>stuff</div>

If your TTS app can not behave with a standard <p>, change the app

or convert the book to TXT
---
(Circumcising a book <shudder> )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote