Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-31-2022, 09:23 AM   #1051
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I don't think there is a way in the current API of removing just one specific named marker once you have applied it - I am sure chaley can correct me on that if I am wrong. That would have been the quick change to the plugin I might have been willing to make.
There isn't a specific API but it is easy to do yourself. Here is an example that runs in the Template debugger so it is easy to see what it does. The work is in the function remove_val_from_marks().

Code:
python:
def evaluate(book, context):
	db = context.db
	new_marks = remove_val_from_marks(db, 'bbb')
	db.data.set_marked_ids(new_marks)
	return 'a string'

def remove_val_from_marks(db, val):
	return {k:v for k,v in db.data.marked_ids.items() if v != val}

Last edited by chaley; 10-31-2022 at 09:26 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 06:37 PM   #1052
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro
Find Duplicates v1.10.7 Released

Release Notes:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...icates-v1.10.7

Thanks to @chaley for the code suggestion!

@Eddie87 you should now be able to do that workflow discussed of applying a custom marker to the results, clearing the virtual library and then searching for your custom marker.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 08:38 PM   #1053
dunhill
Fanatic
dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Release Notes:

@Eddie87 you should now be able to do that workflow discussed of applying a custom marker to the results, clearing the virtual library and then searching for your custom marker.
Thanks for these changes!
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 06:20 PM   #1054
Eddie87
Eddie87 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks a lot!!

Quote:
Release Notes:

Thank you so much for the update.

My main library which I update every day and is the "master" for ceirtain books; today has 51310 books. On that one I add books, run your plugin to do a binary compare, I remove the newly added binare duplicates and then I compare title/author again using your plugin, and finally I manually check old and new versions and decide what version to keep among the duplicates.

I also have another one that includes more books (90271 today), on that I also add books every now and then, I also use your plugin to maintain.

A couple of times a month, I make sure to copy the ones that are on the "master" one and are not in the second one, for that I use the binary compare and copy the ones NOT in common.

Today I used the new plugin and found 50640 duplicated and 670 not marked after I removed the virtual library, all went fine today. Comparison takes a while that's te reason I only binary compare the libraries once or twice a month.
Eddie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 08:02 AM   #1055
ownedbycats
Grand Sorcerer
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (retired), Kobo Libra H2O
Checking duplicates by identifier requires a separate search for each id type. Would it make sense to have "any" as an option in the dropdown?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 09:18 AM   #1056
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Checking duplicates by identifier requires a separate search for each id type. Would it make sense to have "any" as an option in the dropdown?
From a user perspective I can understand the request. From an implementation perspective I'm not exactly super excited about doing so as it would be a non-trivial change .

There are also two other complications to consider. The first is the same problem that a binary book duplicate search has - the user would not know "which" identifier is the duplicate in each pair.

Secondly it is entirely feasible for users to have hundreds or even thousands of different identifier types with all sorts of urn numbers etc (see the discussion recently in this thread about the dropdown of identifiers exploding in size), which might make such this search extremely slow.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 07:28 AM   #1057
ownedbycats
Grand Sorcerer
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (retired), Kobo Libra H2O
I found a glitch that may be partially the result of Find Duplicates. As I'm not entirely sure and didn't want to crosspost it, I posted here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4274079

Thanks
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cross library duplicates, in library duplicates