Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-22-2022, 12:41 PM   #1
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Kindle for PC Library vs. Collections

Hi!

I'm using an old version of Kindle for PC and I was wondering if you are able to move a book to a Collection and have it no longer show up in the main Library page.

Basically I want only unread books to show up in the Library and already read books to be in the Already Read Collection.

Is that possible?

I also do not have Archive showing as an option. (could be because I"m using an old version)

Thank you.
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 03:59 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
In short, no. Even the latest versions do not offer this feature, or implement Cloud collections that sync between devices.

'Archive' is not a term Amazon has used for years, and it is not even accurate, since Amazon content (and personal documents) are stored in the cloud, and thus continuously 'archived'. All you are doing is removing a local copy (Remove from Device), not sending it somewhere to be archived.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 05:33 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
In short, no. Even the latest versions do not offer this feature...
I agree. There is no way to show only uncollected books within the Kindle for PC app.

Quote:
...or implement Cloud collections that sync between devices.
Also true, however I have seen indications that this feature may finally be coming in the next version of Kindle for PC.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 06:26 PM   #4
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Quote:
In short, no. Even the latest versions do not offer this feature, or implement Cloud collections that sync between devices.

'Archive' is not a term Amazon has used for years, and it is not even accurate, since Amazon content (and personal documents) are stored in the cloud, and thus continuously 'archived'. All you are doing is removing a local copy (Remove from Device), not sending it somewhere to be archived.
If I do click on Remove From Device, does that remove it from showing in my library but it's still available to download again to my Kindle for PC? If so, how do I redownload the book if I want to read it again?

Thanks.
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 06:38 PM   #5
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
If I do click on Remove From Device, does that remove it from showing in my library but it's still available to download again to my Kindle for PC?
Yes, however doing that only prevents the book from showing up in the Downloaded folder it will still appear under All. And this won't have any connection with collections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
If so, how do I redownload the book if I want to read it again?
The book will still appear in the All folder. Right click on it and choose Download to get it back or double click on it to download and open immediately.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote