Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-21-2018, 04:51 AM   #1
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
calibredb --password <pwfile>

Hi Kovid,

it seems I forgot something. Can you give me a hint?

I can do the following CLI command:

calibredb list --with-library "http://didel-dum:12345/" --fields=authors,title,*cod_y --username TestUser --password TestPw --for-machine>_y.txt

with this options I became the info forbidden or the username/password combination is incorrect:

calibredb list --with-library "http://didel-dum:12345/" --fields=authors,title,*cod_y --username TestUser --password stdin --for-machine>_y.txt

Same for the combination password file.
calibredb list --with-library "http://didel-dum:12345/" --fields=authors,title,*cod_y --username TestUser --password dideldum.txt --for-machine>_y.txt

I thought, this had work when I test it long time ago but now it seems I'm not able to get this running again with a password file.

Additional question, if I remember correct, I didn't need the switch --username if I use a file but maybe I am wrong. In the past I used a text file like dideldum.txt with a single line including username and password with a space between: TestUser TestPw.

I am a bit lost on this, as it seems that no combination will do what I like to do except the first version as command line with direct input.

System Windows10-64Bit actual version
calibre 3.1.5.0 64Bit
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 05:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See calibredb --help

The syntax is

Code:
--password <stdin>

--password <f:/path/to/file>
The angle brackets are required. Remember to escape them or use quotes so your shell does not get confused.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:03 AM   #3
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, this was what I thought in the first time too, but I get always a The username/password combination is incorrect and for <stdin> there is no request for password input but a AttributeError: 'function' object has no attribute 'getpass'

I did it this way
--password "<stdin>"
--password "<c:\Users\X\Documents\Calibre\Calibredb\dideldum. txt>"
--password "<c:/Users/X/Documents/Calibre/Calibredb/dideldum.txt>"

I did set the ban for testing to 0.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:51 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Make sure your text file has no trailing newline. As for stdin not working, probably some windows issue, I've never tried it on windows.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:52 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Oh and the file needs to start with f: so like this

<f:c:/whatever/>
Old 01-21-2018, 07:57 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...b11b861a2dd4b5
Old 01-22-2018, 03:49 AM   #7
Divingduck
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Oh and the file needs to start with f: so like this

<f:c:/whatever/>
Yes. The missing f: was my problem. The documentation is a bit vague in this point as it looks for Windows users like a drive letter instead of an necessarily starting code.

Maybe you can modify the manual from:
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...calibredb.html

--password
Password for connecting to a calibre Content server. To read the password from standard input, use the special value: <stdin>. To read the password from a file, use: <f:/path/to/file>.)

to something like:

--password
Password for connecting to a calibre Content server. To read the password from standard input, use the special value: <stdin>. To read the password from a file, use: <f:/path/to/file>.
Angle brackets and f: for reading from a file are required. Some OS shell like Windows standard shell need for processing quotes to escape.

Sample: --password "<f:c:/path/to/file>"

A password text file only include a password without trailing newline.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:19 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...e533d30a472377
Old 01-23-2018, 07:42 AM   #9
Divingduck
Wizard

Thanks.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:13 AM   #10
Divingduck
Wizard

Short feedback, <stdin> is working now too with 3.16.0. Thanks again.