Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #136
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquillo View Post
Hi, Marcel.

OK, I wait for your instructions for the v2 firmware translation. And let's hope that there will be volunteers for other languages, so that the project gets some completeness.

I suppose that you will open a different thread for this. Please let me know.

Paco
Hi Paco,

I started the thread in the 'normal' iRex forum, you probably missed it. Sorry for the confusion.

fekhner already volunteered for some files, see the BitBucket-repository, look for 'issues' that are still 'new'. Let me know for which files you want to finish the translation (in that thread or by indicating it in the BitBucket issue list).

Marcel.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #137
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
My Recently Read and Recently Added aren't working anymore since the latest update. Anyone have the same experience?
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #138
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
My Recently Read and Recently Added aren't working anymore since the latest update. Anyone have the same experience?
Strange, this looks like the default behaviour, as if the original ctb was put back. When installing, the first question that is asked is "Do you want to UNinstall", answer this one with Cancel and the others with yes. Maybe you where too quick and answered yes on the first question? Is the 'Properties'-menu entry visible in the menu? (See UserManual)
Installing the patch again should solve that.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #139
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I didn't uninstall, but perhaps I should try that and than reinstall. The new properties dialog and the mustread functionality are working fine.

I'll do some testing, will keep you updated....

Update: I uninstalled and it reverted back to v6, than I reinstalled but to no avail. In both cases the recently read didn't work.

Last edited by rvs; 02-18-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #140
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
I didn't uninstall, but perhaps I should try that and than reinstall. The new properties dialog and the mustread functionality are working fine.

I'll do some testing, will keep you updated....

Update: I uninstalled and it reverted back to v6, than I reinstalled but to no avail. In both cases the recently read didn't work.
I am now home and started my development environment. Can you be more specfic?
There are no entries in Recently Read or no new items are coming into Recently Read?
Could you check the date/time of the DR, maybe its time somehow got wrong?
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #141
rvs
Groupie

The "Recently read" and "Recently added" stopped updating itself. It did keep showing the old entries.

But I've solved it by deleting global.db. It's all working fine again now. I guess the file got corrupted somehow.

I've had this behavior once before after upgrading to a newer version, but forgot how I solved it then.

Edit: I checked the time and it is off by almost a year, so you might be right about the source of the problem. Too late to check it now though

Last edited by rvs; 02-18-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:40 AM   #142
Mackx
Guru

Good to hear that everything is working again. I have some new hacks that I have been using for a few weeks now that I want to release today, lets hope that they will install more smoothly on your machine.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:18 AM   #143
Mackx
Guru

NOTE: THE BINARIES ARE ONLY FOR DR1000 with the latest R2.0beta firmware!!!

This version adds (see also \Programs\_mackxpatch\readme.txt):
- Modified mdbindex to give all files in Programs/Install automatically a 'install'-tag.
- Remember lock-state of (DR1000) keys and updated settings to enable the feature. See Settings->Navigation Sensors.
- Merged Clock patch from Iņigo
- Add configuration item in Clock Settings and schema file: Settings->Time&Clock
- Merged Shortcut-thumbnail patch from Iņigo
- Updated documentation.

So, my standard disclaimer: This is also a big hack, only very limited tested by me and less mature then 'normal', so my advise is to use it on the QEMU first. (Only the dare-devils should install it on their DR1000. :-)

The new features are getting more complicated and my explanation skills are not that good, so feel free to ask questions here (after reading the UserManual )

I created a new Bitbucket-repository: https://bitbucket.org/mackx/dr1000-hackx/overview with the changed source files. (Need to add p8 tag.)

Marcel.

(The patch also includes the changes from all previous patches. The file needs to be extracted to your SD-card)
Attached Files
File Type: zip MackxPatch-dr1000-p8.zip (845.5 KB, 228 views)
Old 02-19-2011, 06:03 AM   #144
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
NOTE: THE BINARIES ARE ONLY FOR DR1000 with the latest R2.0beta firmware!!!

This version adds (see also \Programs\_mackxpatch\readme.txt):
- Modified mdbindex to give all files in Programs/Install automatically a 'install'-tag.
- Remember lock-state of (DR1000) keys and updated settings to enable the feature. See Settings->Navigation Sensors.
- Merged Clock patch from Iņigo
- Add configuration item in Clock Settings and schema file: Settings->Time&Clock
- Merged Shortcut-thumbnail patch from Iņigo
- Updated documentation.

So, my standard disclaimer: This is also a big hack, only very limited tested by me and less mature then 'normal', so my advise is to use it on the QEMU first. (Only the dare-devils should install it on their DR1000. :-)

The new features are getting more complicated and my explanation skills are not that good, so feel free to ask questions here (after reading the UserManual )

I created a new Bitbucket-repository: https://bitbucket.org/mackx/dr1000-hackx/overview with the changed source files. (Need to add p8 tag.)

Marcel.

(The patch also includes the changes from all previous patches. The file needs to be extracted to your SD-card)
Hi, Mackx

2 comments:
- I've been thinking in disabling clock during last weeks, it seems to decrease the battery life ~30%. Can you check it on your DR1000?
- Regarding sources in BB: could you add different commits for each version? i.e. one for original firmware, then r1, then r2 and so on.
This way it would make easier for any of us to keep the development and isolate different features or improvements.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:03 AM   #145
rvs
Groupie

Thanks alot, really enjoying the "remember lock-state" feature.

All the features seem to be working fine (don't know what the shortcut-thumbnail patch does, so haven't tested that).

PS. The problem I had earlier with the recently read not working probably didn't have anything to do with the patch. I'm guessing the clock was reset when the battery was drained overnight. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:09 AM   #146
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Thanks alot, really enjoying the "remember lock-state" feature.

All the features seem to be working fine (don't know what the shortcut-thumbnail patch does, so haven't tested that).
Normally when you go to Home->Shortcuts, you would only see 'short-cut'-icons. With the new patch (from Iņigo) the thumbnails from the original document are shown.
Quote:
PS. The problem I had earlier with the recently read not working probably didn't have anything to do with the patch. I'm guessing the clock was reset when the battery was drained overnight. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
No problem, we both learned something.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #147
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Hi, Mackx

2 comments:
- I've been thinking in disabling clock during last weeks, it seems to decrease the battery life ~30%. Can you check it on your DR1000?
- Regarding sources in BB: could you add different commits for each version? i.e. one for original firmware, then r1, then r2 and so on.
This way it would make easier for any of us to keep the development and isolate different features or improvements.

Iņigo
Hi Iņigo,

I am planning to create some logging mechanism to log the battery state with a time-stamp at every start and shutdown (and standby?). That would allow 'objective' measurement of the battery drain. This does not have my highest priority however...

W.r.t. BB, I wanted to do just that, but then I had little time and just added every thing in one go. I now plan to make commits per feature (for the new features). I recognise that it would be easier for you if I would have checked-in in more steps, I see if I find some time to do that.

Marcel.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:54 AM   #148
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
W.r.t. BB, I wanted to do just that, but then I had little time and just added every thing in one go. I now plan to make commits per feature (for the new features). I recognise that it would be easier for you if I would have checked-in in more steps, I see if I find some time to do that.
Well, anyway I don't think I will have enough free time to look at it next weeks so don't leave other more important things (like bars and such primary activities ;-)
hehehe

Last edited by Iņigo; 02-19-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #149
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Well, anyway I don't think I will have enough free time to look at it next weeks so don't leave other more important things (like bars and such primary activities ;-)
hehehe
To late ...
Old 02-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #150
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
To late ...

Thanks. It looked like a lot of boring work.

If you're pretending to remove my excuses you are close to achieve it ;-)