Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo, Kindle
Barnes and Noble ebooks on Kobo?

Hi all,

I'm asking this question for a friend. He owns a Kobo, and recently bought an ePub book from Barnes and Noble. He tried to transfer the ebook onto his Kobo using both Calibre and Adobe Digital Editions. Both ways gave him DRM error messages. Can you read B&N ebooks only on a Nook? Is it impossible to read these on a Kobo?

Thanks!
DArenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
AFAIK, the Kobo only handles the regular ADE DRM. I haven't seen anywhere that it handles the B&N DRM....

Sorry about that...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
Purrceyz
Enthusiast
Purrceyz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 7 tablet
It does work but you have to strip the DRM first. Do a google search (specifically for Barnes & Noble DRM); there are python scripts that will do this. (I bought several titles from Barnes & Noble because I couldn't get them elsewhere.)
Purrceyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
techie42
Zealot
techie42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KOBO and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DArenson View Post
Hi all,

I'm asking this question for a friend. He owns a Kobo, and recently bought an ePub book from Barnes and Noble. He tried to transfer the ebook onto his Kobo using both Calibre and Adobe Digital Editions. Both ways gave him DRM error messages. Can you read B&N ebooks only on a Nook? Is it impossible to read these on a Kobo?

Thanks!
Speaking of getting books for the Kobo; when is your book going to appear in the kobo book store?
techie42 is offline   Reply With Quote