Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 08:02 AM   #301
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
when do you think the wireless sony will come out to order?
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #302
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
when do you think the wireless sony will come out to order?
They said it should be out for the holiday shopping. So, I would expect some time around the US Thanksgiving Holiday when the shopping usually "officially" starts.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #303
Waba
Groupie
Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, PRS-350/950, HP Touchpad, Kindle Keyboard
Why is it so elongated? That dual page layout on the example pic is shorter and fatter than any book I've ever seen.

This is bound to make PDFs not much more accessible than the 505. I wish they would have made it just slightly wider and made the aspect ratio more compatible with PDFs. As is, seems like an awkward waste for anything other than straight text.

I see it is 16 colors, which is not an issue for me as I see very little difference between the K2's 16 vs the 505's 8 shades... But it does seem to suggest new tech, which might have increased resolution.

The only way I see myself upgrading is if the 900 can be made to effectively use the G3 connection for tasks other than Sony bookstore. Which, I doubt... Yet another Sony model with no real improvements (unless you find using as USB cord to be an unbearable hassle). 505 reigns supreme!
Waba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #304
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waba View Post
Why is it so elongated? That dual page layout on the example pic is shorter and fatter than any book I've ever seen.

This is bound to make PDFs not much more accessible than the 505. I wish they would have made it just slightly wider and made the aspect ratio more compatible with PDFs. As is, seems like an awkward waste for anything other than straight text.

I see it is 16 colors, which is not an issue for me as I see very little difference between the K2's 16 vs the 505's 8 shades... But it does seem to suggest new tech, which might have increased resolution.

The only way I see myself upgrading is if the 900 can be made to effectively use the G3 connection for tasks other than Sony bookstore. Which, I doubt... Yet another Sony model with no real improvements (unless you find using as USB cord to be an unbearable hassle). 505 reigns supreme!
To be fair, that connection to the Sony store will be much more useful with the partnership with Smashwords. Combined with the availability of Google Books and Newspapers, it does make the wireless connection a much more meaningful feature, especially for those of us who do not use Windows as our main operating system and are thus can only use the Sony store with difficulty. Now that the IRex device has been delayed, I am waiting to see what the the Daily Edition can provide. If it could provide someway to checkout library books directly from the device, I'd almost certainly buy one.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote