Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
oldbwl
Zealot
oldbwl doesn't litteroldbwl doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300
Split Titles - 2 Fields

Many of the books I have contain a sub-Title.

A made up example:
"I am happy: And this book contains all the reasons why you should be pleased"

I know I could create a custom column for the sub-title. This means under my naming convention, the (Save to Disk) file names at least could be much shorter which is a plus, but would I be able to use the full data somehow in Metadata download searches.

If not, it would be a nice feature for a future version of Calibre, possibly?
oldbwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Worms
Big can of

Parsing terrors

Your example is what you want.

what happens when the title (very common) appears in the download metadata as Series: Title?
Forgotten Realms: Time of the Twins
Man-Kizin Wars: Choosing Names
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I suggest creating a second column, but instead of going with Title and Subtitle, go with Title and Short Title (or something like that).

So using your example, the Title would be:

I am happy: And this book contains all the reasons why you should be pleased

and the Short Title would be:

I am happy

Redundant information? Sure. But it gives you a short title for saving to disk while preserving the ability to download metadata with the full title.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
oldbwl
Zealot
oldbwl doesn't litteroldbwl doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidvo View Post
... it gives you a short title for saving to disk while preserving the ability to download metadata with the full title.
That is a really good idea, thanks for that.
oldbwl is offline   Reply With Quote