Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #1
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
project: Beaver [a lightweight text/src editor]

Does anybody want a lightweight text/src editor?
I tried to compile lastest version 0.3.1 months ago. However make ended ervery time with errors. The new dep GtkSourceView of 0.3.1 wasn't fault I think.
Yesterday I tested v0.3.0. First make did work.

Q: Release it now or add some iLiad modifications?

Screenshots are attached.
#1 fullscreen [it's v0.3.0, not as listed 0.2.6]
#2 Beaver started as a dialog [the old hack you know already]. The cool thing is you can set the size of the window in the preferences dialog. You can turn off the toolbar. Too large default font [urw bookman 10 pt looks much better btw], wrapping of text isn't active.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beaver_01_fullscreen.png
Views:	1062
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	7101   Click image for larger version

Name:	Beaver_02_window_Calcoo.png
Views:	962
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	7102  

Last edited by yokos; 11-08-2007 at 11:35 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:44 AM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Nice!

Another useful addition. Great job on all these ports.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2007, 03:28 PM   #3
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Nice aplication, good work, i´ll wait for its release because it would be very useful for me.

Thanks,

Jose
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
If Beaver can run as a dialog, does that mean it could be up while using ipdf or FBReader? That would be great -- one could take notes while reading.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
AlexC
Connoisseur
AlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enoughAlexC will become famous soon enough

Device: Apple iPad; iRex iLiad
With hudson's keyboard server, could this be used with a USB keyboard?

I've almost pulled the trigger on an Iliad countless times, but have always balked in favour of waiting for a more widely functional device (e.g., the Everun). A nice, simple text editor/keyboard combo would go a long way to helping me get over the hump.
AlexC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #6
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
If Beaver can run as a dialog, does that mean it could be up while using ipdf or FBReader? That would be great -- one could take notes while reading.
Yes, this does work.
ipdf behaves a bit odd again. The typed text is visible all the time, but the window of beaver disappear when you flip page, you have to click with stylus on the area where the window of beaver lives to see the window again.
Screenshot is attached showing the hidden beaver dialog window in ipdf. "This is not a bug, it's a feature." is typed text in beaver.

Yes, it does work with hudson's keyboard server.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beaver_ipdf.png
Views:	744
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	7395  
Old 11-21-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Ok, that's very useful. I think I'd want to use it with the HWR input bar. I'm looking forward to the release.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:55 AM   #8
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
ipdf behaves a bit odd again. The typed text is visible all the time, but the window of beaver disappear when you flip page, you have to click with stylus on the area where the window of beaver lives to see the window again.
Screenshot is attached showing the hidden beaver dialog window in ipdf. "This is not a bug, it's a feature." is typed text in beaver.
IIRC, ipdf used a little trick to make the page turns faster: the rendered page is put directly in the linux framebuffer, bypassing X (oh, and it's also put in it's X window, so if you refresh the screen the correct page is viewed). I'm not totally sure if is is the case with current ipdf, but as it would explain this problem, I would vote for it.

Beaver is using the "typing" style of updates, not the full updates, nope? (if it's using the full updates, the previous explanation would not be correct...).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #9
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica View Post
IIRC, ipdf used a little trick to make the page turns faster: the rendered page is put directly in the linux framebuffer, bypassing X (oh, and it's also put in it's X window, so if you refresh the screen the correct page is viewed). I'm not totally sure if is is the case with current ipdf, but as it would explain this problem, I would vote for it.
Uuuh, this would explain why all other apps [fbreader, mobipocket etc.] don't have this symptom.
Q: What is IIRC?
[EDIT]: IIRC=If I remember correctly - I just thought IIRC is a app.

Last edited by yokos; 11-21-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #10
Lazycat
Enthusiast
Lazycat began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
I'm very interested in this little program. Is it still available for download? I cannot locate the link...
Lazycat is offline   Reply With Quote