Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
andy_0
andy_0 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre Library - Books not found

Hi,

I am using calibre for years now. I never had problems moving my library between folders and even operating systems. Unfortunately I got a problem now.

I am using a Debian based distribution (LMDE). I installed this OS a few weeks back. Now i wanted to use calibre. My old config file is still fine and is pointing to the correct folder. I always used my old configuration and - if necessary - modified the database location manually. The file path hasnt been changed for quiet some time and was working perfectly a few weeks back.

I started calibre and realized that I am not able to open all books. It turned out the reason is because of file system privilige as some folders where only readable by root. I took ownership and set permissions (now for testing purposes to 777). After that no books can be opened at all. I moved the database file and rebuilded it. Now calibre does not detect any books at all.

This is the current permission: "drwxrwxrwx 1 andy andy 752 2. Dez 17:39". I used a recursive chmod statement so all nested folders and files gained the same permissions.

[Edit]
Well ... its working now. I moved back the old metadata.db and know all books are working. Do you have any idea, why calibre wasnt reindexing the database based on the folder structure? As far as i know calibre usually does that if no metadata.db is found?

Last edited by andy_0; 02-20-2012 at 12:07 PM.
andy_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I don't think it happens automagically

You can make it happen by performing Library Maintenance : Restore Database.

This scans the THE library folders for metadata.opf files
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
andy_0
andy_0 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I always thought it does an automatic reindexing if there is no metadata.db in the library root. If thats the whole problem I know better the next time.

Thanks for your reply.
andy_0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books not found, library, library issue