Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
n7of9
n7of9 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexii - Galaxy and 7
Calibre and HTC Flyer

Hi, I just got the HTC Flyer and will be using it mainly as a reader

Can you tell me how you manage your Calibre library with the Flyer?

Do you connect to a folder, or let Calibre 'send books to device'? calibre didn't seem to let me 'connect to folder', it just allowed me to 'send to device' or 'send to card'...is there a way i can just connect to a folder so the books can go where i want them?

Is there a way to disable the preinstalled Reader app? or to disable automatic importing?

I have an SD card installed. Last night I sent my Calibre library to the ext-sd but this morning i see all books have been copied to the device as well, and Reader has imported 2 versions of each book (755 books x 2). Would it have been the Reader app that copied the books, or Aldiko?

I think i prefer Aldiko, but is there a reason i should pay $7 for Mantano? Is it $7 'better' than free?

any other tips/tricks for ereading on the Flyer? what font do you find easier on the eyes? what colour scheme?
n7of9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by n7of9 View Post
Hi, I just got the HTC Flyer and will be using it mainly as a reader

Can you tell me how you manage your Calibre library with the Flyer?

Do you connect to a folder, or let Calibre 'send books to device'? calibre didn't seem to let me 'connect to folder', it just allowed me to 'send to device' or 'send to card'...is there a way i can just connect to a folder so the books can go where i want them?

Is there a way to disable the preinstalled Reader app? or to disable automatic importing?

I have an SD card installed. Last night I sent my Calibre library to the ext-sd but this morning i see all books have been copied to the device as well, and Reader has imported 2 versions of each book (755 books x 2). Would it have been the Reader app that copied the books, or Aldiko?

I think i prefer Aldiko, but is there a reason i should pay $7 for Mantano? Is it $7 'better' than free?

any other tips/tricks for ereading on the Flyer? what font do you find easier on the eyes? what colour scheme?
You cant manage your library with your device (and Calibre)

Calibre is the manager.
You send books kept by the manager (Calibre) to your device.
If you have books on your device and send them again (with any variation in file name or location), you get duplicates. Calibre tells you (2 books) You can right-click and select REMOVE FROM DEVICE (remove the tick for the one you want to leave there).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
n7of9

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre is the manager.
You send books kept by the manager (Calibre) to your device.
If you have books on your device and send them again (with any variation in file name or location), you get duplicates. Calibre tells you (2 books) You can right-click and select REMOVE FROM DEVICE (remove the tick for the one you want to leave there).
thanks for the reply

i did use Calibre to send the books to the Flyer, but i sent them to the SD card not to the main/default directory of the device - i think this is probably the issue
Old 12-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by n7of9 View Post
thanks for the reply

i did use Calibre to send the books to the Flyer, but i sent them to the SD card not to the main/default directory of the device - i think this is probably the issue
Should not matter where (main or SD) as long as they appear in one place only.

The delete from device shows the path where the dup's ar found. leave the tick where you want the book GONE.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #5
n7of9

it's probably the preinstalled software on the Flyer that "helps" you by auto-importing all books - and in the process copies everything to a new directory...ugh!
Advert