Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
starlighzz
starlighzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (3G&WIFI)
Unhappy Even though showing 3G, but can not show web pages

Hi, i got my kindle 3 (3G+wifi) about 3 month ago.
The 3G browsing has always been working fine, but today as I tried to check my Facebook. It just stopped working! The 3G has 4bars. After waiting for the page to load for 10seconds. The browser shows " the page cannot be displayed" I'm sure the 3G is working because I can still use the Kindle Store with the daily blog.
The twist is, when I had the chance, I used Wi-Fi to check if the browser worked that way. It did!

So is that I can not view pages while I'm on 3G network, has anyone else experienced this? How can I fix this?

I already tried soft reset, hard reset, return to factory defaults. Nothing seemed to work yet.

Thanks
starlighzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
I don't use 3G but knowing Facebook and it's strange behaviour from time to time, it can easily be that it's just too slow over 3G. So, I wouldn't judge your K3 based on FB.
Histerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #3
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
This happens to me sometimes, but it always goes away later. I have no idea what is wrong, but rest assured, the problem should not be permanent.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:33 PM   #4
starlighzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
This happens to me sometimes, but it always goes away later. I have no idea what is wrong, but rest assured, the problem should not be permanent.
thanks for the reply, ho long does the problem tend to last?
note . its every site even the amazon.com site itself
Old 03-30-2011, 11:37 PM   #5
starlighzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Histerius View Post
I don't use 3G but knowing Facebook and it's strange behaviour from time to time, it can easily be that it's just too slow over 3G. So, I wouldn't judge your K3 based on FB.
is not just facebook, a tried a dozen sites that i use regularly on my kindle.
thanks for the reply!
Advert
Old 03-31-2011, 01:25 AM   #6
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlighzz View Post
thanks for the reply, ho long does the problem tend to last?
note . its every site even the amazon.com site itself
Maybe like an hour. Normally, it happens in times of need, and then after I resolve my problem, it starts working again

Try restarting your Kindle. If that doesn't fix it, try turning Wireless Off then On.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
starlighzz

is been 24 hours :S
I have turned wirelss off for whole last night along with it turned off.
Still the same problem.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:22 AM   #8
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Did you restart your kindle? You might also want to clear your cache and browser history.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:29 AM   #9
sorin
Connoisseur
sorin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Change your provider from Menu-> Settings and press EQQ. This page is known as 311 Page and scans for all mobile networks from your place. Select only network with 3G
sorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:59 PM   #10
l..k
Enthusiast
l..k began at the beginning.

Device: k3
starlighzz where are you and what country have you registered as your home country for kindle? Surprisingly amazon is starting to close it's free web in many places. I have used k2 but the web was really useless so I did not wasted money on 3G for k3. However later on I regretted when I saw how the browser has improved. So recently I bought k3 free 3G and saw that it did not allow me to browse web in my country found later many complaints on forums about free 3G not available in some countries. What's very surprising is that the map of free web coverage has not changed and it is reported that users fro US and Australia traveling around the world still have their free web anywhere.

IMHO amazon did foul play here. I would even agree for a reasonable fee for downloaded data over 3G provided that I do not have to buy any monthly plan but just pay for what I occasionally use. Yet amazon just closed the free web access and has made me a dumb paying $48 FOR NOTHING well, the shipping cost me $20 and if I want do the return it must be delivered back...
l..k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:00 PM   #11
starlighzz

iInteresting, I registered in canada and use it in canada. I will call the customer service and find out if thats the case. If so I will consider returning the Kindle for a Nook Color.

Pretty shaddy on Amazon's part.