Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-25-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
mikelewis
mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: IPAD
Changers' Summer - YA Science Fiction Novel $2.99

The first novel in the Changers Trilogy is now available in ebook format.

Changers' Summer

One hundred years ago a group of mysterious scientists took charge of the Earth's weather in order to control climate change. Their experiments damaged the planet and in the ensuing chaos they disappeared.

Tom is a twelve year old boy living on a farming commune in a world of constant cloud and acid rain. When one of the "Changers" appears in the grain barn out of thin air, Tom is forced into an adventure where he must choose between his family and friends, and helping the Changers repair the damage they have done.

The Changers are back, but can they be trusted this time?

Changers’ Summer is a 60,000 word Young Adult/Children's dystopian science fiction novel about climate change, genetics and the consequences of science.

Kindle Amazon.com/dp/B00545629E

Kindle: Amazon.co.uk

Smashwords - multiple formats

B&N - Nook

Many thanks

Mike

Last edited by mikelewis; 09-06-2011 at 10:04 AM.
mikelewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
mikelewis
mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!mikelewis rocks like Gibraltar!

Now up to 13 reviews on Amazon.com averaging 4-stars.

Mike
Old 09-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
mikelewis

There is a review of Changers' Summer and a guest posting about the background to the novel on Lyrical Brown's YA Review blog here:

http://lyricalreviewsya.blogspot.com...-changers.html

Now up to 15 reviews on Amazon.com averaging 4-stars.

Many thanks

Mike
Old 09-09-2011, 12:52 AM   #4
chrisanthropic
Fiend
chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisanthropic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Children's dystopian sci-fi? Ok, I'm interested.

Side note - I noticed most of the reviewers mention that they received free copies of your book, perhaps you'd be willing to share some info? How many free copies have you sent out? How many of those have reviewed the book? How did you find the reviewers?
chrisanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:58 AM   #5
mikelewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisanthropic View Post
Children's dystopian sci-fi? Ok, I'm interested.

Side note - I noticed most of the reviewers mention that they received free copies of your book, perhaps you'd be willing to share some info? How many free copies have you sent out? How many of those have reviewed the book? How did you find the reviewers?
Hi

No problem. I did a giveaway of 25 copies of Librarything.com but that has only netted 1 review (I think).

I also used BookRooster.com where they distribute to reviewers who sign up to receive certain book types and genres. It removes the link between the author and the reviewer which means you get an honest review from the reviewer as they don't feel pressured by a free copy direct from the author.

I have also sent out about 5 copies to YA Book Bloggers, but most of those reviews have yet to come in.

Mike