Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-07-2015, 10:28 PM   #1
okiedee
okiedee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Unable to get Calibre2 to load nor uninstall

Hope I am in correct thread..
I cannot get Calibre2 to load..I get this..

Python function terminated unexpectedly
Failed to load icu with error: MemoryLoadLibrarb()failed loading
icu.pyd (Error Code 1)

So I tried to uninstall Calibre2 and get this...

The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file:
C:\Program Files\Calibre2\DLLs\icudt53.dll

I don't know what to do now..anybody able to help me out?
Thanks so much!

Last edited by okiedee; 08-07-2015 at 10:30 PM. Reason: spelling
okiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:31 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try a reboot.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:42 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Try booting in Safe Mode and do the uninstall
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, error code 1, loading, uninstalling