Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #61
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Well, my day turned to hell....ended up dealing with a strange request for the use of one of my photos from 7 years ago....from a governmental agency.... and having to find it in the archives....fill out government forms...etc..... not to make excuses, but....I wouldn't have done it at all, but it's better money (assuming I didn't just get scammed) than I'm made writing this year.

I got about 300 words done. will try to make it up tonight, tomorrow, .... I'm having a bit of trouble (not unexpected) getting things flowing, scenes, etc. A few characters sort of materialized in those few words though...

Congrats on your meeting the daily goal!
Thanks. You can look on the bright side about today kennyc. Maybe there is a way to fictionalize it so it could fit as part of your NaNo. Just change details around and give it to your MC to deal with. A bit of cloak and dagger so to speak.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #62
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
There you go, eh....almost fits with my story too....hmmm....

Thanks for the idea!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #63
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
There you go, eh....almost fits with my story too....hmmm....

Thanks for the idea!
You're welcome Kennyc.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #64
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, 500 words of probably unrelated krap about the above per Crich's suggestion......following a mostly sleepless night...
Old 11-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #65
kennyc

I'm at about 1000 words but am floundering a bit....a few major distractions the last couple of days.....
Old 11-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #66
kennyc

Well people, how's it going? I'm kinda fallin' apart here, thinking I may just bag the whole thing only three days in.....various reasons -- both writing (fiction) related and non...
Old 11-05-2013, 04:10 AM   #67
Micah Dawson
Micah Dawson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Nook(Windows 8 App) and Kindle(Windows 8 App)
I am doing nanowrimo but not the complete schedule(I decided to start later this week and just use the tips and recommendations of others<3)
Micah Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #68
kennyc

Well I wrote my 1600 words today....unfortunately it wasn't on my novel.

The good news is that I think I resolved my extraneous problems that were keeping me completely distracted from everything but the 'bad' news is that I'm going to drop outta nanowrimo.

I may or may not continue to work the novel, I do think it has merit, but I will not focus on it exclusively nor attempt to finish the draft this month.

I wish everyone well in their attempts!!

Keep me posted!
Old 11-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #69
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I've fallen behind as well. Been busy with other things mostly. I do hope to eventually finish my idea, though I don't know if I will do so before Dec. 1st.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #70
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
I'm behind but I think that's okay. For me the point is pushing it, and also sort of priming the engine because I've been away from it and the wheels are rusty. There aren't any NaNo police who are going to ticket me for being behind, so I'm okay with it.

I figure it's a marathon. I may be the limping one who comes in two days after the first runners, but coming in is the point.

Edit: Well, maybe make that the crawling one...
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:29 AM   #71
kennyc

Exactly ... good luck pendragginp!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #72
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Thank you kenny!
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #73
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I'm using it to super-charge the novel I'm writing. I'm trying to write and organize 50,000 words this month. If I can, it will put me at at least 75% of the book. I tend to reduce the words I write later. Overall I'm keeping up with the word count though some days I just don't have time, but I usually do some sequencing / plotting at the very least which speeds things up later.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #74
kennyc

Good Luck Rizla
Old 11-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #75
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
You too.

I find writing (a nano) without a highly detailed outline is hopeless. This is my fourth (?). The first two I completed and they were utter crap. The third was actually better but I stopped after maybe 15,000 words because I didn't know where the story was going. No time to think or plan. From the little inklings I've picked up from writers of IMO good books, they spend about a year planning a book.

Last edited by Rizla; 11-07-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote