Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #76
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
must say I am a Cover S fan... takes a bit to set up, but once you do it seems to be one of the best themes ...like the larger indication of page number and title in fb2..
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:28 PM   #77
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
A new challenger arrives!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112605
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #78
zebrella
zebrella began at the beginning.

Device: PB Pro 602, PB IQ 701, Nook
Maybe it's late, but after getting my PB 602 today, I could update the firmware, change the logos and few other things but for some reason, I can't make the themes work. I download the zip file, extracted the .pbt file into system/themes directory of the 602 and then select the desired theme in Configuration-Appearance-Theme. But then nothing spectacular, I get the default theme with some broken links to icons.

What am I missing? I'm sure it's simple but I can't manage to find out.
zebrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:20 AM   #79
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The themes were not expected to work with the new models. We'll have to wait for the new theme crrstor software to be released.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #80
zebrella
zebrella began at the beginning.

Device: PB Pro 602, PB IQ 701, Nook
Oh ok, I thought I read a post saying they would work with the 60x series. Thanks!!!
zebrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #81
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrella View Post
Oh ok, I thought I read a post saying they would work with the 60x series. Thanks!!!
Yep, they will. Give us a little time for that, though
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #82
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
Is there a way to get the default theme of the 902 visible/readable? Or is it somewhere to be downloaded? I want to know what is different between the 'old' theme's and the new, so i can start putting the old ones together again in a way that the 902 can use them.
Hi Roos, did you make any progress with that?
None of the themes work in PB903, and what is worse you do not even see all of the themes after you copy them in the system/theme directory on the device.
ah, not much to play around with
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:55 AM   #83
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
Hi Roos, did you make any progress with that?
None of the themes work in PB903, and what is worse you do not even see all of the themes after you copy them in the system/theme directory on the device.
ah, not much to play around with
Unfortunately i get no response, so i have no clue how to get to the original theme. Be that as it may, i had a theme (sheep) working on 2.03 but only for a very short time because it started complaining widget config data not found and such. some functions worked, but only once Changing the shape of the main menu was one of those, after i tried one and did not like it there was no way to get back So i had to clean out all data, finally had to reflash the firmware because the still where things wrong after a 'clean slate'.
Not very successful eh? Strange enough i hear some people say that the themes work on the 60x series, so it should work on the 90x, the config files etc are on the same places and contain similar data.
So i have given up, struggling with FBReader180 atm cant seem to get to settings or any other option, because it crashes
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:43 AM   #84
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
Unfortunately i get no response, so i have no clue how to get to the original theme. Be that as it may, i had a theme (sheep) working on 2.03 but only for a very short time because it started complaining widget config data not found and such. some functions worked, but only once Changing the shape of the main menu was one of those, after i tried one and did not like it there was no way to get back So i had to clean out all data, finally had to reflash the firmware because the still where things wrong after a 'clean slate'.
Not very successful eh? Strange enough i hear some people say that the themes work on the 60x series, so it should work on the 90x, the config files etc are on the same places and contain similar data.
So i have given up, struggling with FBReader180 atm cant seem to get to settings or any other option, because it crashes
guess we'll have to wait - though hope PB get some action going, they haven't been around much on this forum for the past month or so...

As for the FBReader 180, bear in mind that the icons are not mapped to the correct functions: for the settings you have to press on the open book icon at the bottom left corner of the quick menu - unlike what it states when you press it, you won't get the dictionary, but the settings menu (whereas, at least in my case, pressing on the settings icon would push me out of the document).
Old 05-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #85
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
OK, I've found a Russian (of course) .rtf on the US site. Heading over to Babelfish as we speak.

ETA: Found a rough translation on these forums already: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=956692
guys, are you not just amazing?! Thanks to you, fjtorres and kacir, even a monkey like me could tweak Kosta's wonderful sheep theme, and change the settings so that you do not have to create the book directory to see your books - which I wanted to avoid not to mess up things with Calibre transfers.

I left the "Journals" and "Documents" directory, and did not mess with either the German or Russian translations, as I know neither of these languages! I attach both the .pbt file (in a zip file because of the otherwise unrecognised extension) and the tweaked .txt that generated it.
Presumably the same tweak can be applied to all other themes with the requirements of additional directories.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Sheeps2.txt (26.9 KB, 510 views)
File Type: zip sheep2theme.zip (99.9 KB, 486 views)
Old 05-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #86
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
... and change the settings so that you do not have to create the book directory to see your books - which I wanted to avoid not to mess up things with Calibre transfers.
Just for your future info, it is not necessary to tweak a PB theme to match Calibre - you can tweak Calibre to match the PB theme.

For this particular Sheeps theme, in Calibre you would go to Preferences - Plugins - Device Interface - PocketBook 360 - Customize and edit the Save template box to make sure that it begins Books/
For example, mine is
Code:
Books/{series}{series_index:0>2s| | - }{title} - {authors}
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:04 AM   #87
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Just for your future info, it is not necessary to tweak a PB theme to match Calibre - you can tweak Calibre to match the PB theme.

For this particular Sheeps theme, in Calibre you would go to Preferences - Plugins - Device Interface - PocketBook 360 - Customize and edit the Save template box to make sure that it begins Books/
For example, mine is
Code:
Books/{series}{series_index:0>2s| | - }{title} - {authors}
of course, I did not know that , so many thanks! So let's say the "sheeps2" above is a proof of concept - minor tweaks are straightforward, and I am now also hopeful that adapting the themes to the Pro models might be possible.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #88
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
What is the difference between a bookshelf and a theme? Bookshelf = *.app? Theme = *.pbt? Do I need a bookshelf for a theme to work?

I got a bookshelf *.app that works for 602 and I wanted to change the dictionary configuration (theme?) so it can work for Chinese dictionaries. But I can't find the *.txt to edit, only a *.pbt that I couldn't do anything about.

I am not computer person. Forgive my ignorance.

I want to add the following lines that have been tried by other people for Japanese:
dictionary.font.normal=Arial Unicode MS,18,0
dictionary.font.bold=Arial Unicode MS,18,0
dictionary.font.translation=Arial Unicode MS,18,0
dictionary.font.extra=Arial Unicode MS,20,0
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #89
paola
Wizard

Themes for the Pro models

well, of course I misunderstood completely the first time around , but even without the source file for the themes for the Pro models it looks like it is possible to get all of the themes developed for the 360 onto the pro models.

The trick is to install the "bookshelf.app" in system\bin in the main memory of your device: the device picks it up immediately, emulating in some form the good old layout of the 360 (and 30X) models. Then you can load any of the old themes, and all will work. Problem is, the display of the 360 is obviously smaller than the one of the 90X models, so it does not look too good (see attached), as everything is "pulled" toward the upper left corner fo teh screen. Moreover tehre are additional functions that you may want to be able to invoke from your Pro model that are not available in the 360 or in the 30X models.

The good news is that all that is needed to modify the themes is nothing more than the same tools as for the 360 and 30X models, and on the Russian forum there are already a handful of themes with sources, which I have already uploaded all the necessary resources here.

If you want to have a go at modifying a theme you can use the usual sources provided by magic kacir, following the documentation kindly translated by fjtorres.

In the spirit of giving at least something back, I am trying to adapt Kosta's sheeps them (I love it) for the 903, but I am having trouble modifying the background file. I have to make it into 825x1200, but the theme compile would not include it as the filesize is excessive. If I reduce the filesize by saving the bmp by reducing the resolution, it looks horrible. So my question:
is there a way to change the file from the original 600X800 to 825X1200 while keeping the file size within the 500kb mark (the original one is 468). I enclose the two backgrounds just in case.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0006.bmp (487.6 KB, 887 views)
File Type: bmp ^menu_bg.bmp (468.8 KB, 807 views)
File Type: bmp menu_bg.bmp (468.8 KB, 761 views)
Old 06-29-2011, 02:55 AM   #90
pini
pini began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903, iPod touch
Cool background images rescaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
In the spirit of giving at least something back, I am trying to adapt Kosta's sheeps them (I love it) for the 903, but I am having trouble modifying the background file. I have to make it into 825x1200, but the theme compile would not include it as the filesize is excessive. If I reduce the filesize by saving the bmp by reducing the resolution, it looks horrible. So my question:
is there a way to change the file from the original 600X800 to 825X1200 while keeping the file size within the 500kb mark (the original one is 468). I enclose the two backgrounds just in case.
Hi Paola and others,

rescaling the images might be a simple trick - just reducing the 'colour-depth', i.e. levels of grey. I changed it from 256 to 8 (PocketBook can only show 16 shades of gray?). Reducing to pure Black/white makes the file even much smaller!. I attached my tries. I'm not near my PocketBook now, so I can't check whether this actually works!

Hope this helps!
gr.
pini
Attached Images
File Type: bmp b^menu_bg-1.bmp (483.5 KB, 655 views)
File Type: bmp bsheep-2.bmp (487.6 KB, 636 views)
pini is offline   Reply With Quote