Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #16
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
OK, well, the eDGe will not mount EXT* partitions on external drives automatically. You would have to manually do it or set up a script that would automount a detect volume. But it will mount 320gb hdds formatted to fat32 Which is just asking for data loss, lol. DO NOT just removed a normal hdd if you decide to use one. Make sure you stop and eject it from the eDGe.
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #17
Xwang
Connoisseur
Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is it possible to add a library stored in an usb pendrive connected to the android device via USB OTG cable?
Xwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #18
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hmm.. Probably? I have one of those for my Galaxy Note II. I will attempt to test it out this weekend and let you know.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #19
Xwang
Connoisseur
Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have the cable and the pendrive which are correctly seen from my device (I can access the file in the pendrive without problems) but leger calibre apparently searches onlt in sdcard path and I'm wondering if there is any way to select the path which contains the library.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #20
helf
Zealot

I just tried it on my eDGe with my usb key plugged in. It doesn't seem to want to let you select a directory other than /mnt/sdcard. Did you try the automatic search and see if it locates it that way?

Your other option would be to make a symlink to the usb key's mnt directory if your device is rooted.
Advert
Old 09-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #21
Xwang
Connoisseur

My device is not rooted but in case I'll decide to root it, how can I create the symlink? Moreover, the symlink is automatically connected\disconnected when the pendrive is connected\removed?
Old 09-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #22
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
might try something like USB OTG Helper (root required)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....shajul.usbotg

the OTG part is sort of a red herring - the purpose of it was initially to allow phones that support OTG at system level, but don't give any UI for actually mounting/unmounting stuff, to be able to.

but what it (and other similar software) basically does, is give a UI that sees removable storage and lets you mount/unmount it. my phone supports ntfs, exfat, ext* - at system level, but there is no UI - but this helper app lets me mount all of those (also supports multiple partitions, yay)

one of the problems is that the Edge, as helf and others have mentioned, doesn't like it when you put in a microSD or USB flash that is anything other than FAT 16/32. does the Edge support ext*? certainly! but vold.fstab (I think this is where it is set) tells the PE to only allow FAT partitions on microSD/USB.

also: I doubt that the Edge has exfat support since it's a bit old for that, but it would be quite possible to compile a .ko module on the same kernel version, with an ARM toolchain. it would also be a HUGE headache to set up an environment to only do just that, but not impossible ;-) and even once the module is loaded, still would require a helper app to do the mount/unmount (or mess around with vold.fstab or whatever)
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #23
helf
Zealot

Bumping this up. I just added some updates to the OP.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:41 AM   #24
nomistakes
nomistakes began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy note 8
Hi

Your tutorial has been very helpfull for me and I have been enjoying Leger Caliber without issues so far.

Now I'm gonna facing a very tough issue.

I have accidentally pushed the "remove library" button on L.C. and after that the app doesn't find my Calibre db anymore.

It gets hours in order to locate the library db but nothing worked.

I noticed that after a lot of hours the app finds some db but I doesn't stop the researc and then those found database disappears.

I have wrote to the developer J.A Escobar but I haven't received any reply yet.

Any help?

(p.s. I keep my calibre folder, including the db syncronized with dropbox, and everything has been working very well before the mentioned accident)

Thanks
nomistakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:47 AM   #25
nomistakes

location calibre db issue on Leger Caliber

Hi

Your tutorial has been very helpfull for me and I have been enjoying Leger Caliber without issues so far.

Now I'm gonna facing a very tough issue.

I have accidentally pushed the "remove library" button on L.C. and after that the app doesn't find my Calibre db anymore.

It gets hours in order to locate the library db but nothing worked.

I noticed that after a lot of hours the app finds some db but I doesn't stop the researc and then those found database disappears.

I have wrote to the developer J.A Escobar but I haven't received any reply yet.

Any help?

(p.s. I keep my calibre folder, including the db syncronized with dropbox, and everything has been working very well before the mentioned accident)

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-09 07.24.18.png
Views:	422
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	117755  

Last edited by nomistakes; 01-14-2014 at 05:26 AM. Reason: requested from the quoted user, since the post was too long
Old 01-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #26
helf
Zealot

Ouch. I haven't had that problem. Have you tried clearing legercalibre's cache and settings and trying to re-add the database?

Also, warning for everyone: the developer has stated they are dropping support for Android 2.x and moving to 4.x support only
Old 01-10-2014, 02:48 AM   #27
nomistakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by helf View Post
Ouch. I haven't had that problem. Have you tried clearing legercalibre's cache and settings and trying to re-add the database?

Also, warning for everyone: the developer has stated they are dropping support for Android 2.x and moving to 4.x support only
Hi Helf

Thank for your quick reply.

When you say "re-add the database" do you mean the whole Calibre folder or just the database file?

Thanks a lot

(p.s. I have wrtitten two times to J.A. Escobar but he seems t not be interested on my issue)
Old 01-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #28
helf
Zealot

I am about to test out what you did on my PE and see what happens. I will let you know the results and I will walk you through fixing it if I can.

Also, can you edit your first post and remove most of my posts quote? It adds a LOT of length and bandwidth to the thread due to the photos and all Thanks
Old 01-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #29
helf
Zealot

OK, nomistakes. The only way I was able to duplicate your problem was by removing the database from leger calibre and then navigating to the folder where the calibre library was stored and deleting the "metadata.db" file. After that, Leger Calibre could no longer locate the database. Make sure your metadata.db file is there. If it is, delete it and re-add it from your computers copy of your library. It may have become corrupted somehow.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:20 AM   #30
nomistakes

Hi Helf

My Calibre db is there and works perfectly ( I have also checked it for the specific test button).

Also I created a new database that could work as test, and copied its folder in my device.

I think my problem is located on Leger Calibre.
It apparently detects even more than one library (and in fact it also finds the new test calibre db). The problem is that the searching libraries process doesn't stop, taking even half a day. During all this time the app at first glance finds the mentioned libraries (without any chance of stopping the search) and then the mentioned libraries disappear from the background app screen that continues to search untill I force its ending. (All this appens after hours and hours, while, at my first approach with L.C. It found my db in less than thirty seconds)

I have tried three time sto reinstall leger c. after deleting its chace and all data.
According to the fact that the app doesn't solve the problem even with a new specific calibre db, I don't know what to do.

I have quitted with the attemps of contatting the developper. He doesn't reply at all

(P.s. I will fix my previous post with your quotation).