Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-04-2018, 02:16 PM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
SPAM

For a week now when I go to Goodereader.com I get spam pop ups when trying to post or read an article. Some pop ups are adult in nature. I also get redirected to other pages. It is not my pc I’m sure for it only happens when going to that website in particular. No other websites. Also happens on my tablets. Anyone else experience this? I like that website but don’t like this at all. I would think if it was my pc it would happen while accessing other sites. I ran security scans and no viruses or malware on my pc. I don’t want to blame the website that’s why I’m probing to see if this is happening to you
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:26 PM   #2
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Could be malware. try downloading the free malwarebytes download. When I get something 'odd' going on with my PC, it's the first program I turn to.

EDIT: Never mind, I reread your post, and I realize i'm full of . . . 'hot air'.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:34 PM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ya it was a clean scan and it only happens when I go to that website and my tablets too. Real odd
Old 05-04-2018, 02:47 PM   #4
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
That website is clean as a whistle for me. Using Chromium web browser, Linux OS, with all my normal privacy/security stuff disabled (ScriptSafe, AdBlockPlus, Ghostery, etc.) However, popups are disabled in the web browser by default, as they are in any modern web browser these days. If you have manually enabled popups, I would expect that you might get popups then.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:49 PM   #5
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I have nothing coming up from Goodereader.com either, but I use uBlock to block all ads from most places in Firefox. It's possible it's coming from their site if you've exhausted all possibilities from your browser or system being infected.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:47 PM   #6
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
A lot of sites use 3rd party ad servers for their ads and it's not all that unusual for something like that to sneak in. For the most part, if you use an ad blocker (I use ABP), it will block a lot of that stuff.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:36 PM   #7
jkrzok
Connoisseur
jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD, Aura One, Voyage, Oasis 1 & 2, Many others getting dusty.
If you look at user comments on Goodereader you'll find that kcladyz is far from alone.
jkrzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:41 PM   #8
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I went there using Chrome on my Android phone and didn't have any issues.

To get there are you using a bookmark or a Google/Bing search? If you're using a bookmark, try accessing the site from a search and see if you get the same behavior.

In general, I recommend Firefox with ABP or uBlockOrigin.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:17 PM   #9
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I use AdBlock and Privacy Badger with Chrome.

AdBlock blocked six ads on the Goodereader.com site and Privacy Badger identified 14 potential trackers (inc ads and Facebook thingies up the wazoo).

I can recommend AdBlocker at the very least (Privacy Badger might seem to be a bit geeky but I wouldn't be without it now).

Use AdBlocker. A whole new world of websites without winky blinky ads and other intrusive whatnots. You'll never go back.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:19 PM   #10
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrzok View Post
If you look at user comments on Goodereader you'll find that kcladyz is far from alone.
Ya I posted a comment there. Was probably mine. Lol it's just so odd that it's only that website that gives me browser redirects and pop ups

Edit.... one other person commented over there so it’s not just me. It stopped. Ow for some reason.

Last edited by HLS; 05-06-2018 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:34 PM   #11
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I got some more personalized spam here a week or so ago. People sending me PM's about what I assume are pirate ebooks. I note that they had 'banned' under their usernames though by time I looked at the PM's. It's good to note that the Mods here are quickly on top of such things.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:28 AM   #12
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I got some more personalized spam here a week or so ago. People sending me PM's about what I assume are pirate ebooks. I note that they had 'banned' under their usernames though by time I looked at the PM's. It's good to note that the Mods here are quickly on top of such things.
I got those also. I just forwarded it on to one of the moderators.

I do have to say that this board is one of the best moderated web boards that I've run across. There are more than a couple of boards that I've tried and dropped because of either the lack of moderators led to uncivil behavior, or situations where how posts were moderated depended on if you belonged to the right clique.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:07 PM   #13
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I got those also. I just forwarded it on to one of the moderators.
Yeah, I got one of those too. The sender was already banned, so there wasn't anything I needed to do but delete the message.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:57 PM   #14
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Yeah, I got one of those too. The sender was already banned, so there wasn't anything I needed to do but delete the message.
Reporting works fairly quick as well (I believe it is possible for PMs, but for sure in posts). That has the advantage that you don't have to wait until the mod you forwarded it to gets online. In my experience a post that needed to be removed never took longer than half hour to take care of.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote