Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-24-2018, 03:26 AM   #1
Imran Ahmad
Imran Ahmad began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Paperwhite 2 (B0D4.xxxx)
Kindle PW, Application Error, The selected application could not be started

my kindle paperwhite didnot launch koreader of selecting .pdf, .epub books, and give error as given below.
"Application Error, The selected application could not be started, Please try again."

OBSERVATIONS

After much of research i find out following observations.

1. Set was off due to battery low, after recharging it come alive.
2. when i open folder extensions/KUAL.cfg file i find out this
"# KUAL.cfg - created on Fri Nov 1 00:59:35 UTC 2013"
3. I tried to register set but it didnot registered on amazon website.
4. From menu, "Sync and Check for Items" was grayed out, so we cannot synchronize our device date etc.
4. When i tried my kindle DXG, also off due to battery low, recharge, its KUAL did not launched.
5. When i check date, it what 1970.

CONCLUSION

It seems due to date issue some how KUAL fail to integrate file with koreader, or itself.

SOLUTION

If some how we update DATE it might solve this error.

FINAL WORDS

But did not find a way to update Date in Kindle Devices .

CAN ANYONE HELP TO FIND WAY OUT.
Imran Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:14 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
On a PaperWhite, you should be able to set the date from the Settings menu, if I remember correctly?

If not, it definitely handles the
Code:
;setDate
searchbar command.

I don't remember the exact format it expects, but I think an epoch timestamp (date +%s) works? (At least that's how I use setDate on the cli).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:20 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran Ahmad View Post
- - - -
"Application Error, The selected application could not be started, Please try again."
- - - -
That is the message common after an Amazon update, prior to the owner correcting for the update:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jail Break
None of our add-ins are protected across updates, you must always re-install them.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 09:52 AM   #4
msh2050
Enthusiast
msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.msh2050 is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad , Kindle PW3
To any one how come to this thread because he get this error....

I had the same issue after forget to charge my kindle and it go off because low battery..

just go to Open Sesame! and install the jailbrak hot fix and kual hot fix
msh2050 is offline   Reply With Quote