Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-30-2006, 01:12 AM   #1
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Where are storage cards mounted?

I don't have an SD or memory stick in my reader. I was wondering what the path is to the directory wehre books are installed if you install to storage card (I want to add this to the rss2book config). Anyone able to enlighten me?
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:23 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
My impression is that it doesn't matter - when the card is inserted, the Reader scans all the directories for book files wherever they are. But I haven't done testing to confirm.

Update: Oops.. seems my answer is irrelevant as I misinterpreted what you were asking. Sorry.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2006, 09:42 AM   #3
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekraver
I don't have an SD or memory stick in my reader. I was wondering what the path is to the directory wehre books are installed if you install to storage card (I want to add this to the rss2book config). Anyone able to enlighten me?
It's a bit unconventional for a Unix-like system, I guess, but the SD card is accessible through a DOS-like shortcut B:/ (And the MS card must be A:/, although I haven't verified that).

You can run: ebook.py ls b:/ and you will see what I am talking about. Sounds like you can use this B:/ thing as a regular directory or mount point.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:50 AM   #4
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Well, for now I took the somewhat less user-friendly but more flexible route of having the user specify the full path in the rss2book options, instead of a install to main memory/SD/MS radio button set.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote