Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-31-2009, 12:54 AM   #46
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Here's what you do. Run shelves about 12" from ceiling, all the way around every room, including hallway, in your home.

Problem solved.
Um... we've already done that. All except for the windows, in all rooms except the bathrooms. (Yes, we've done the hallway. That's where the Muffin Man keeps his baking supplies.) Some of the shelves have things other than books on them, like tubs full of beads, wire, etc., and some CDs, DVDs, etc. And still, I have 12+ boxes of books in storage.

In our previous house, we had a finished basement, and the books were on shelves around all the walls down there. In this house, the basement doesn't stay dry very well, and isn't a place anyone wants to spend much time in. The books are in boxes on shelves to keep them off the floor. But not easy to get to. A lot of my craft supplies are down there, too.

If/when our oldest daughter moves out, we'll probably move into her room (which is larger), and then we might be able to set up our current bedroom as a library/guest room. But until then, the pbooks will have to stay inaccessible. Which is why I'd be happier to see them go to someone who would read them, in exchange (partial exchange, at least) for ebook versions for me. We'd keep the art books-- we'd have room for them. But my days of wanting to read text from paper are long past.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:56 AM   #47
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Beautiful rooms, Marc, to go with a beautiful soul.
To hand you a gift on a platter, I am soul. I await your affirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
montsnmags - Wow! Really nice! I'm jealous! I really like the minimalist look, but I can't pull it off at all.
Thanks. I'm overcompensating for my head in the form of "neatness".

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2009, 10:42 AM   #48
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Um... we've already done that. All except for the windows, in all rooms except the bathrooms. (Yes, we've done the hallway. That's where the Muffin Man keeps his baking supplies.) Some of the shelves have things other than books on them, like tubs full of beads, wire, etc., and some CDs, DVDs, etc. And still, I have 12+ boxes of books in storage.

If/when our oldest daughter moves out, we'll probably move into her room (which is larger), and then we might be able to set up our current bedroom as a library/guest room. .
Oh my goodness...I was joking. Good for you and your creativity.

Wait. Your daughters room is larger than yours? Interesting.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:59 PM   #49
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Ok, you wanted a pic of my workspace? Here you have one!

I try to spend a lot of time there...

Or did I just mix up some threads here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	favourite spot.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	30135   Click image for larger version

Name:	one side.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	30136   Click image for larger version

Name:	other side.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	30137  
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:08 PM   #50
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'd post pics, but the office isn't done yet. Maybe if you're lucky this thread will still be around when it is done
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2009, 04:09 PM   #51
Cabe
Connoisseur
Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone
You so need a tree house, Sweetpea.
Cabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:51 PM   #52
Pubcrawler
Pubcrawler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

(Oscar is saying "Sure, Dad, you go ahead and record your fat-arsery. Such a proud moment")

Cheers,
Marc
Great looking Airedale!
Pubcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:59 PM   #53
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubcrawler View Post
Great looking Airedale!
Thanks! ("Thanks" never sounds right, does it? It's like I'm taking credit for Oscar's appearance). Here's a slightly better photo of him, coincidentally sitting in front of the other place in the house I do a lot of web-browsing from, via the iPod (i.e. bed):

Cheers,
Marc
Old 05-31-2009, 11:05 PM   #54
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Those eyes just said "I love you"............
Old 05-31-2009, 11:10 PM   #55
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Those eyes just said "I love you"............
That, or "Biccie?"
Old 05-31-2009, 11:11 PM   #56
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
That, or "Biccie?"
nah.......it was definitely "I love you"...........
Old 05-31-2009, 11:16 PM   #57
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
nah.......it was definitely "I love you"...........
"...because you give me biccies."

(He just snuffled my arm - it's a worry when your dog can hear you type the word, "biccie")
Old 06-01-2009, 08:20 AM   #58
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Marc, every time you post a picture it looks like it came out of a catalog.

I'm so jealous
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #59
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
"...because you give me biccies."

(He just snuffled my arm - it's a worry when your dog can hear you type the word, "biccie")
look out, he's on to you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Marc, every time you post a picture it looks like it came out of a catalog.

I'm so jealous
me too !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #60
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
So........do you just sit on the cat or does he/she move?
I just about have to sit on her! Giving the chair a little spin always seems to work as well! She does keep the chair nice and warm and I prefer it much better to when she was napping on my open laptop!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote