Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #61
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
Found it. Thanks.
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:49 PM   #62
feisley
feisley began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Yea, it seems the UUID of the app is not unique. My books are found in a different directory from the one you showed. The easiest method is just use find and grep
feisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #63
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I just noticed this yesterday too.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #64
TambourineMan
TambourineMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I don't have an iPhone or iTouch. I am running Windows XP. IS there some way for my to recover my Kindle serial number?
TambourineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #65
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TambourineMan View Post
I don't have an iPhone or iTouch. I am running Windows XP. IS there some way for my to recover my Kindle serial number?
On Kindle 1 (B001...), remove the back gray cover and the SN is on the label with the barcode.

On Kindle 2 (B002...), look on the back at the bottom, it's very tiny.

Or for both, look on the box.

Last edited by daffy4u; 08-17-2009 at 06:13 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #66
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
IS there some way for my to recover my Kindle serial number?
See Amazon Kindle Hack: Read DRM-protected Mobipocket content (type 411 in settings menu).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #67
TambourineMan
TambourineMan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Duh! So why are people with Macs and IPhone/iTouches going to all this trouble? Is it because they need the 40 character code, rather than the 16 one of Kindle?

Also, I just got the new large Kindle 2 Dx as a gift. I might want to be able to read some books on my smaller devices. I have a HTC Mogul (PPC6800) running WM6 and a Nokia 5800 running Symbian s60 v5 and a Nokia n800 running Linux. Is there any way to download or port books in Kindle format to any of these devices?
TambourineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #68
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Also, I just got the new large Kindle 2 Dx as a gift. I might want to be able to read some books on my smaller devices. I have a HTC Mogul (PPC6800) running WM6 and a Nokia 5800 running Symbian s60 v5 and a Nokia n800 running Linux. Is there any way to download or port books in Kindle format to any of these devices?
If the ebook is AZW1 or TPZ, then it is a TOPAZ ebook which is locked to the Kindles. However, most Kindle ebooks are AZW which is Amazon's name for MOBI. If the ebook has DRM (encryption) then use mobidedrm.py (with your KDX's PID) to strip the DRM. If not, just rename from .azw to .prc (or .mobi, but .prc is more portable). MobiPocket has Symbian and WM Readers as free downloads, but I don't know if your particular devices are supported. For the N800, your best bet is FBReader. However it does not handle highly compressed MOBI ebooks (if you get one, run it through Calibre to remove the compression - either MOBI to MOBI or MOBI to ePub).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:30 AM   #69
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb

(Now I want to change the title to "Eat my kindle".)
WOuld that be Lisa Simpson's catch phrase...you know since Bart's is "Eat my shorts"?

Only makes sense since Lisa is far more likely to be a Kindlite than Bart...and she does need some sort of phrase after 20yrs in 3rd grade...or is she in 4th grade now?
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iphone pid, ipod pid, kindlepid