Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
sheppy124
sheppy124 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs505
Backing up/deleting

Apart from manually deleting each book, is there a method to back up the sony, then can I just format it from the settings menu.

As I dont want all the stuff they have put on by default, However if I ever sell it down the road, l would like to put it back to its original state.

I dont want to format the thing will have it not turn on again. Also I pursume just copying all the directories off might not work, due to hidden folders etc.

Thanks

Sheppy124
sheppy124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:07 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
All the samples that come pre-installed on the Sony are on the software CD. You can safely delete them.

To make a backup, simply copy the files from the "eBooks" folder (or whatever it's called - it's a while since I've used the Sony, I'm afraid) on the drive that appears in Windows Explorer when you connect it to the PC with the USB cable.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert