Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #1
ChipSuey
ChipSuey began at the beginning.

Device: none
ADE swapping out hyperlink text?

Hi, I have a link in an eBook I'm working on that goes to Google + (plus), and the link has a "+" in the text. This is not causing problems in iBooks or even the Kindle, and a Nook handled it fine, but ADE is changing the "+" to %20 (which is the HTML version of +). Does anyone know a way around that?

I can't change the code in the link itself to %20 because that just breaks it. Just wondering if this is something that can be addressed in the HTML, or is it one of the many quirks that ADE has?
ChipSuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
A plus sign is a link is illegal text. This is why Adobe is changing it. There are certain symbols including spaces that are not permitted in links.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2017, 05:50 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipSuey View Post
Hi, I have a link in an eBook I'm working on that goes to Google + (plus), and the link has a "+" in the text. This is not causing problems in iBooks or even the Kindle, and a Nook handled it fine, but ADE is changing the "+" to %20 (which is the HTML version of +). Does anyone know a way around that?

I can't change the code in the link itself to %20 because that just breaks it. Just wondering if this is something that can be addressed in the HTML, or is it one of the many quirks that ADE has?
If a '+' is url encoded it should be to '%2B', '%20" is a space. See HTML URL Encoding Reference

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote