Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-02-2014, 03:56 AM   #1
carlba
carlba began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite annotations

I have been experimenting with storing annotations from my paperwhite in Calibre. As I have understood so far the Paperwhite stores the annotations in a different format than the Amazon Kindle for PC and olders versions of the Kindle.

The new format is called mpb1 as opposed to the old mbp format. Is it possible to retrive annotations in this format to Calibre. I have tried the Fetch Annotations function without success.
carlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:05 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Have a look at the Annotations plugin. I know it supports Kindles, but I don't know which versions of the Paperwhite. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2413824.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2014, 10:50 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Have a look at the Annotations plugin. I know it supports Kindles, but I don't know which versions of the Paperwhite. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2413824.
The annotations plugin uses the "My Clippings.txt" file to get Kindle annotations, which should be the same.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
carlba
carlba began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Excellent this provides an opportunity to save the annotations it would be nice to be able to actually see them inline in the books aswell. But this will have to do for know
carlba is offline   Reply With Quote